SMC Discussion Areas
May 12, 2024, 04:36:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Value of CSS-12-96?  (Read 12707 times)
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« on: October 16, 2010, 06:36:15 pm »

This is for sale locally.  Paint is in good condition for the age, no dents, rust, or big scratches from what I could see.  The coin mech doesn't work but the compressor seems to be working well and keeps the unit cold.  Don't know much about soda machines, but everything else seems okay (no missing shelves, doors seem good, etc. It's for sale at $135.  That seems fair.  Is this a good price? Also, the plastic Coca-Cola insert on the top right of the unit is warped from the heat of the lighting I assume.  Is a replacement insert something that can be found easily?  If so, what are some good companys that might have parts for this model machine?  Thanks.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 08:34:49 pm by brasskey » Logged
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 07:01:30 pm »

Any of the sellers who banner's  are here will take care of you for parts.
Try for $100, just because, tell the seller you'll need to send out or buy a new coin mech and sign

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 10:10:35 pm »

Thanks for the help.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 11:51:56 am »

don't think anyone make a lightup sign for the 96 however it is easy to make. Just go to a vinyl sign shop and take the frame and tell them what you want and they will make it for you. The sign that is in it was a replacement anyway from the late 70's to early 80's many bottlers changed the signs as the logo's changed to keep up with the new logo's. I would say that $100 to $125 is a great price as long as it cools. I also have a ton of parts for this machine if it is missing anything. Especially small parts like cap catchers and coin boxes. I attached a pic of another sign that was in the 96's.  This style is my favorite of the lightup signs but it is all personal preference.  This machine is long gone but it will give you an idea of what it looked like.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 11:54:00 am »

It is also missing the chrome bottle opener trim and coin return chrome trim. I may have an extra. Let me know if you buy the machine and I will look for the trim.
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 04:04:14 pm »

don't think anyone make a lightup sign for the 96 however it is easy to make. Just go to a vinyl sign shop and take the frame and tell them what you want and they will make it for you. The sign that is in it was a replacement anyway from the late 70's to early 80's many bottlers changed the signs as the logo's changed to keep up with the new logo's. I would say that $100 to $125 is a great price as long as it cools. I also have a ton of parts for this machine if it is missing anything. Especially small parts like cap catchers and coin boxes. I attached a pic of another sign that was in the 96's.  This style is my favorite of the lightup signs but it is all personal preference.  This machine is long gone but it will give you an idea of what it looked like.

I picked up the unit.  I'll be in touch for parts.  Thanks for the help.
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 04:21:52 pm »

I just sent a CSS-12-96 shell to the scrapyard, I needed the compressor out of it for another machine.  I have the exact sign, in good shape, as well as a lot of other parts that I pulled off it, including the coin mech.  Let me know what you need, if Josh doesn't have it.

loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 07:01:45 pm »

Tkaz go for it if you want to sell parts. My stuff is so scattered it will take me a while and a lot of searhing to find them I wasn't doing it for the money just to help a member so if you have the parts and you want to get rid of them have at it.

Josh
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 08:33:26 pm »

Alright loman4ec and tkaz, here are some more pictures of the unit.  I haven't started to clean and take it apart yet so I don't know what all I need.  I need a parts manual for this unit so I'll have a better idea of what I need.  As this is my first attempt at fixing one up, suggestions from you all would be very valuable.  Take a look and see what you think.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 11:29:17 pm by brasskey » Logged
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 05:30:28 pm »

Two quick observations, can you pull out the sign and take a photo of that?  Something seems strange, since it is sitting out about an inch; usually they are flush with the machine.  Second, is that a photo of another compressor third from last?  I couldn't figure out what was going on there.

Looks to be pretty complete, like it was said before, you'll need the two bezels for around the cap remover and change, I have both in good shape.  If the coin entry bezel is too beat up, I have that as well, in black.  Does the coin mech and vending work on it?

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: