SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 10:45:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SMC Site changes coming...  (Read 19273 times)
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2007, 03:56:52 pm »

I'll look into somethiing to cover the restorers database, but it might not be present at the begining when we migrate over... I'll add this in the weeks after... The current database isn't really compatable with the new system. I have taken a quick look into something that may work but it may be slightly different; it's on the lines of a directory. I just haven't found something that is inexpensive and has state or postal code searches... I'll keep you posted as my time allows me to look at this more closely...

As far as auctions in the Event Calendar, I've added many events in the calendar system that you can review to see the layouts. I will be looking at the font size as it seems a little small on my system, but let me know of any issues...

My six cents,

Jim

BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2007, 10:57:53 pm »

(Jim @ Jul. 17 2007,1:56)
The current database isn't really compatable with the new system. I have taken a quick look into something that may work but it may be slightly different; it's on the lines of a directory. I just haven't found something that is inexpensive and has state or postal code searches...

Jim - as a quick fix, what if you simply posted a sorted file that included the full address & contact list... maybe with link to send email?  Kind of like the list you have for the parts suppliers on the new site.  Folks looking for help could easily search on zipcode or state... or just run down the list.

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2007, 11:12:10 pm »

Hey Jim - will the new site have the ability to look up information on members... like what is on the current site?

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2007, 05:22:32 pm »

Hello Bryan,

Yes and no on the member look-up...
The registration system on the new site is global. Meaning that the features available will not require another registration to use a particular feature. With  this said, I'm requiring city, state and zip codes as required fields during registration, so it depends on what information members enter into their profiles... In a nutshell, the info will be available as long as the member attempting to view a profile is registered.
Boy that sounds wordy! Hope that helps...

My six cents,

Jim

Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2007, 09:42:08 pm »

For those that have access, please review any new features at the Site and get back to me via PM...

There are still a few outstanding issues you may run into, but please let me know anything you find being a problem... Then we'll get into registered user stuff and trouble shoot this level...

As always, Thanks for your time ! ! !
Jim

My six cents,

Jim

halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2007, 08:01:13 am »

Maybe this is a "duh" on my part, but how do we access the new site to review the changes?  I remember I got to it once before.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: