SMC Discussion Areas
May 25, 2024, 08:28:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jukebox quick question.  (Read 3314 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: August 06, 2010, 10:50:43 am »

I am looking at a rockola jukebox on ebay. It ends in one hour and I want opinions if anyone sees this in time. It is not a very collectable juke but it is one that I really want because this model is the first juke that we had when I was a kid. I was about 7 or 8 years old and my dad brought this home and put it in the basement. I thought it was so cool and so did my friends. We had guitars and microphones and a drm set so my friends and I would pretend to be in a band and try to play along to the music. I had so much fun with that juke. Our next juke was a Seeburg 222. This one is a Rockola 429. Its one of the last that you can see the record playing however you can just barely see the record through a very small window on the glass. Anyway they only want $225 for the juke and its in good cond. The amp is good and it scans and selects but the juke just doesn't pick up the record. It should be an easy fix. They say the arm wants to move but its like its jammed. I think it should just be an adjustment. It was working 100% when it went into storage 15 years ago. My question is do these have any collectability? If I get it working could I get my money back out of it? It is great cosmetically so no restoration is needed. Any opinions???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270616135703&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1182
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 10:54:12 am »

This is not the actual machine this is just a file photo of a Rockola 429. I think its a cool looking juke. Not the best but not bad.

MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 10:56:03 am »

I would pass. Not very pretty

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 11:39:55 am »

It is not a very collectable juke but it is one that I really want because this model is the first juke that we had when I was a kid. I was about 7 or 8 years old and my dad brought this home and put it in the basement. I thought it was so cool and so did my friends.

Huh? so you really want it because its the first juke that you had as a kid? Or are you testing the waters to see if there is any interest on the site and then try and flip it Huh?
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 01:06:16 pm »

No its something that I want for me but however I wouldn't want to be upside down in it. I just finished part of our basement and was going to use it as an office but I have decided to look for a job instead of try to start a business in this economy. So now I have a nice finished room in the basement that I am going to use as my rec room. I am going to slowly look for good deals on some arcades and other stuff. I agree that it is not the best looking juke and I like the 50's jukes better but I can't really afford one and this is such a cool juke to me because I have so many memories with it. The price is good. I decided not to bid and it ended with no bidders so now I am going to try to negotiate with the seller and see if I can get it for around $85 to $100. That would give a little money to pay to fix the mech. I like that it is in good cosmetic condition so basically just need to get it to select and pick up the record and it is good to go.

I just wanted to see what everyone else thought of the juke. I know that some members have 60's and 70's jukes and wanted to see if anyone has one like it and how hard it is to keep working as well as if there is starting to get a following for the 60's jukes. Just like soda machines 15 years ago you couldn't give away a square top and now they are starting to get popular. Is the same thing happening to Jukes??
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 01:09:18 pm by loman4ec » Logged
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 01:12:26 pm »

We used to have one for years. It was really clean and had the speakers at the top. I liked that it was small and still had a visible mech.

Edit: I guess I did a poor job scanning this pic I found w/ our juke in it. Might have to try that again.   darn
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 01:22:53 pm by halehouse » Logged

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: