SMC Discussion Areas
May 11, 2024, 04:53:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coke cup vending machines?????  (Read 4308 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: March 08, 2005, 01:49:57 pm »

I have never paid any attention to cup vending machines but today I had a guy emil me saying that he ahas a few 1950's cup vending machines he would like to sell. He said that one is  the first machine to produce crushed ice. He did not say what he wanted for them just that they are for sale. My question is there any demand for cup machines? Should I stay away from this purchase?
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 02:56:21 pm »

Depending on the model (I know of only a few that actually included ice in the cup), especially since it sounds old it is has the potential to be quite rare and worth quite a bit. The Siphonmix 5A is one of the earliest cup dispensers but I'm not 100% sure it vended crushed ice also. The Hupp Console-Cup is from the 40's and it definitely vends with ice in-cup. I dunno Josh, sounds like it might be worth investigating!! A couple of other cup vendors were made by Lyon (The 500), Mills (The 400-C), and Westinghouse (V-4 & V-10). Let us know what happens with this one!

Brian
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 04:03:32 pm »

Sounds exciting!
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 07:35:50 pm »

Brian covered most of them; however, Glasco also had several models during the late 40's into the 50's. The real problem with these types of vendors is that they need to be COMPLETE if you have any chance of getting them operational. Additionally, I don't know how diffcult it will be to locate cups that will function properly in the cup dispensing mechanism...? I remember reading some time ago about a cup vendor that was first in introducing crushed ice in the cup. As a matter of fact, one of the cup vendors actually opened bottled soda and poured the contents into a cup for the patron to drink!
As far as a demand, well, I think the general public looking to buy a machine is probably looking for something that will handle bottles or cans as opposed to cup vending. On the other hand, you have the rarity that may attract collectors provided the machine is in good condition or is restorable...

My six cents,

Jim

BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 08:07:56 pm »

In fact the model of that decapper is Vendo and apparently there were only 10 test models made. Think of how cool it'd be to own one of those puppies!

Brian
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 08:21:08 pm »

I think they are pretty cool.  If I had room I'd get one...Of course if I had room I would buy more video games and pinball machines and maybe a Stoner Candy Machine and...

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2005, 08:37:36 pm »

jim is right, the cup vendors are way cool, but mainly in the realm of collectors, the general public shows little interest in actually owning one, the Cole-Spa 6A show in the soda-machines section was actually one of my own personel machines, I rescued it from a then to be demolished theater up near Traverse city, Michigan, it was sold to a collector in Chicago for his 40's theme family room ,it was a way cool machine, & used pre-mix containers to hold the soda-syrups, and it had a retrofitted sign from the manufacture to add "eye-appeal" in the 60's it worked until the theater shut down in the 80's. I'd like to see if I could convert one of these over from pre-mix to a post-mix system, that would make it practical for todays world of family rooms & soda-bars! Hmmm, I might be in the market Josh...:Wink:  

( that groan you hear in the background is my wife, as she see's what I'm typing here, )

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2005, 09:40:02 pm »

Wow, very cool stuff!
I agree with JohnieG that one of those machines as post mix would be very cool.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2005, 10:06:35 pm »

Well he hasn't writen back yet so I will se if he responds tomorrow. I am not getting my hopes up. Chances are that it is a 60's glasco and he wants to get rich on it. He did say that he has a few machines so we will see.
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2005, 11:05:49 am »

I missed an opertunity to buy a glasco cup machine a few years ago. I'm still kicking myself. If you buy them I would be interested in one. Terry

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: