SMC Discussion Areas
May 11, 2024, 01:17:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend finds  (Read 10705 times)
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2005, 12:53:42 am »

Well on Friday I finally hooked up with the guy I know (Whose number I lost) who had the squaretop in his garage.
Not as great as I had hoped, but bought it anyway. I'll talk about it and post pictures tomorrow (Monday) mid-morning in my brand new thread, "Markito's Vendo '56A' restoration project":
http://soda-machines.com/cgi-loc....;t=1989

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2005, 01:04:45 am »

Hey Kito,
I'll bet things will work out just fine!! A box to just practice things on sure would be a good thing. Everybody needs parts as well. Looking forward to the update.
Creighton
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2005, 12:40:03 pm »

I am out here in West Texas and as soon as i figure out how to upload pictures i'll add some.  If anyone know how to find out some info on La Crosse machines i would appreciate it.  The serial tag has been removed.. Justin
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2005, 12:59:10 pm »

Justin,
Photos will help a lot. We look forward to seeing them and sharing info with you.
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2005, 01:17:11 pm »

Gonna try to get pictures tonight my vendo was hard enough to find info on and this La Crosse may send me to the funny farm!!!  My Vendo was my grandad's so I didn't want to use that as my firsrestoration project.  But for $30 this RC machine it getting restored.  My wife may kill me for spending time restoring it, but after restoring the 1910 piano she seems a little more forgiving.  So any advice ya'll have let me know.  As soon as I finish this machine I am gonna start on a complete drug store fountain we took out of our family's pharmacy.  Justin
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2005, 01:42:58 pm »

Wow, a complete drug store fountain from the family's pharmacy, how cool!!! I'm jealous!

Also, tell us more about your grandad's Vendo, we'd LOVE to see photos of that too.

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2005, 09:43:22 pm »

My grand dad had his own mechanics garage and he bought a vendo H90C new in 1963.  when he passed in 1999 i was given the machine.  I cleaned it, used rubbing compund, fixed the lights and it works like a champ.  The only thing it needs is a door (which is apparently hard to find).  The soda fountain is the original out of a 1953 pharmacy. It is the pharmacy that President Bush took Laura to every saturday while they were dating.  I can't wait for it to be done.  But I must cut my teeth on a few simple things before that.  I have had a blast reading the discussion board.  I'll be around for awhile since i am only 28.  Justin
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: