SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 03:28:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81D--gate levers getting stuck  (Read 13684 times)
KennyG

« on: February 26, 2012, 12:58:30 pm »

I am reassembling my Vendo 81D and the gates are not returning to their original position after a bottle is vended.  I think it is because the gate levers are getting stuck on the captive bar.  Any assistance would be appreciated.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 03:50:33 pm »

Need a bigger pic than that Kenny!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
KennyG

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 04:13:10 pm »

hopefully these are larger pics
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 04:31:21 pm »

That's a very common problem and I encounter it with every stack I re-assemble.

First lubricate the 2 channels that the captive links travel through. If that doesn't do it, increase the spring tension that returns the links to home position.
        Also many times the stack will begin working fine in the horizontal position but set it verticle and it sticks again, so check it before installing.

Glen
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 04:52:19 pm »

Its probably all that Chrome.. .wow.. Never seen anyone Chrome the inner workings of the bottle stack! looks great.

I agree with Glen,, get some white litium grease or similar in there.. yes you'll mess it up a bit but it's gotta function ..lube the sides where those "H" looking spacers travel and work it , then make sure you have a nice tight return spring as well.. that should correct it..

Good luck!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
KennyG

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 05:31:36 pm »

Thanks for the help guys!
Those parts are not chromed just polished.
Thanks for the compliment.  I can't wait to finish and post the final assembly pics.  By then I will master the picture sizes for posting here.
msanborn
25 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 07:43:48 pm »

I had a similar problem, and by removing, cleaning and lubricating the mechanical pieces at the bottom of the bottle stack, (near the bottom of the stack) piece goes front to back, and is connected by a spring, that piece needs to move freely when you operate the crank handle. Clean and lube that piece, that should help.

Vendo 81
Vendo 39
Pepsi VMC 81
Ideal Slider
Glasco Slider
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 09:44:54 am »

Thanks for the help guys!
Those parts are not chromed just polished.
Thanks for the compliment.  I can't wait to finish and post the final assembly pics.  By then I will master the picture sizes for posting here.
Interesting, every bottle stack I've worked on had those parts galvanized,, never seen them made out of stainless? is that out of an 81?just curious.
Looks great, hope you can get it working with the suggestions here.

KennyG

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 10:53:10 am »

Yes they are out of an 81.  Now I am concerned.  I think I made a big mistake. I think I remember them being galvanized and had them polished. Now there is no corrosion protection.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?  zinc-plate? powder-coat?
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 11:37:41 am »

yes if you removed all the galvanizing, you could be in for some issues, down the road.. not immediate other than some surface rust..
the way they polished up, though, almost makes them look like stainless steel, and then of course you won't have an issue?

otherwise , i would look into getting them zinc, as powder coating will put a thickness on them that could prohibit the operations..

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: