SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 10:15:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newby needs relays Lacrosse LCV 136a  (Read 4597 times)
mrsodapop
« on: October 10, 2011, 05:39:46 pm »

I have a La Crosse LCV 136A that is in need of 3 of the 4 vend relays. I have tried to install a newer standard style relay, but it will not pull the vend coil in long enough to dispense a can. Does any body know of replacements, or a way to install updated relays?
Thanks for your info
Aaron
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 06:49:44 pm »

Is this a dual-chute/4-button machine?  The vend/credit relay should be self-latching once triggered, if you carefully push down on the insulated portion of it's movable armature, it should "latch" & enable a vending button to select the corresponding column.

the relay logic goes like this...

1)... coins inserted reach vend price of coinmech
2)...the coinmech triggers vend line #3 out of the coinmechs "Jones" plug/socket
3)... the vend line#3 triggers the credit relay which "latches" & enables the "hot line to the section buttons
3a).. the section button also locks out the other buttons and locks out the coinmech from accepting any more coins until the soda is delivered in step #4 (next)
4)...the vending gate, or solenoid for the selected column releases a soda which also trips the vending switch to reset the credit relay, which de-energizes the selection buttons & signals the "ready to Vend" line on pin #7 of the coinmech.

on this type of vending mechanism ( early La-crosses multi-vends & some Vendos & Cavalier too) the credit relay will not allow a vending cycle to be validated unless ALL of the columns have a minimum number of cans or bottles in place, that is to say about three or four sodas in EACH & every column. it will reject all coins & not allow a vend.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
mrsodapop
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 08:02:08 pm »

Thanks for your reply,I would say you are 1/2 correct. This is a single chute/4 button. It uses a master relay, and 4 slave relays.
I believe the relay logic goes like this...

1)... coins inserted reach vend price of coinmech
2)...the coinmech triggers vend line #3 out of the coinmechs "Jones" plug/socket
3)... the vend line#3 triggers the master relay which "latches" & enables the "hot line to the section buttons
3a)..  locks out the coinmech from accepting any more coins until the soda is delivered in step #4 (next)
4)...When a selection button is pressed, the corresponding slave relay coil is energized, closing normally open contacts to fire the vending gate, or solenoid for the selected column releases a soda , also the relay opens the normally closed (lockout?)circuit which de energizes the master relay that than de-energizes the slave relay. Everything is reset, and ready for next credit/vend. 

My problem is when the new single pull/double throw slave relay I have "fires", the contacts for the vend solenoid are not staying closed long enough to fully energize the vend solenoid.
    There are (sold out)switches that activate when the can count in a column get below 4 cans, but that is it for switches(except for vend select buttons switches).
Thanks
Aaron
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 05:06:37 am »

You'd have to check if there is an timing circuit of some sort, earlier vending circuits used a simple R/C* time base with possibly a latching diode.

* R/C = resistor/capacitor for you non- electronic geek people.  tounge

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: