SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 04:55:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My first VMC project  (Read 2677 times)
POPS

« on: June 15, 2012, 09:17:02 am »

Hello all,
My name is Wayne and I live in Ottawa Ontario,Canada and I have always wanted a early cola vending machine when just last week I came across a vintage VMC white Pure Spring rounded door unit for $150 bucks so naturally I jumped on it.After getting it home I did a quick inspection of the old unit I decided to plug it in to see if she would fire up.Much to my surprise it worked great! The interrior door light works and it get's nice and cold also.I wish it was all a dream come true but it's missing the all the shelves,Coin mech, and the near impossible to find Bezel ! Truthfully I was never happy with the white colored Pure Spring apperence as it looked like a old fridge infact a dirty fridge!So I decided to turn it into a Coka Cola unit,keeping in mind that this is not a embosed unit I was able to make anything I wanted so here is a before and after shot of where I am at.This is my attempt at a transformation in progress.I'm always looking for parts if anyone has anything available for sale please feel free to drop me a line.Look forward to becoming a regular at SMC. wayne aka Pops
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 09:36:27 am »

Welcome Pops!
Good price for a generic 81 - even without some pieces.
So you have the bottle stack? Shelves shouldn't be hard to locate The other stuff will surface in time as well.
Did you reproduce the "Up Town" decal on the side? Let's see a close up of it.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 09:44:02 am »

Great find welcome to the board Pops  happydrinkers

The generic VMC 81 has become more desirable than the Coke embossed versions lately.
        You are into the machine right and the parts can be found individually so buy them when you can. You could always use a Vendo bezel until the VMC shows up, then sell it.

Glen
POPS

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 11:35:57 am »

The Uptown decal is the original, I masked it so I coulds save it.I'm sure most people would have removed it but I wanted a little history to stay with it,much like the birth mark.Does anyone what me to really post a close up of the decal? If so I will.
Thank you for your replies.
Wayne.
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 12:32:49 pm »

Welcome Pops!!  (Im in Mississauga, so nice to have a fellow Canadian here!)

GREAT price on the machine!!  Was it a Kijiji find?  A bezel will turn up soon... you're looking at about 300ish on Greedbay for that, but for the price of the machine, you shouldnt complain lol.
Will this be your last machine?  I ask this because if you like the Coke machines, maybe get a Coke 81 embossed down the road, then you can turn this non embossed machine into another brand?!?

Just a thought

Enjoy it, welcome to the board, and have fun!!
 happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
POPS

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 01:33:10 pm »

Do I ever agree with the GREEDBAY issue!I've been with them since day one and I have stopped counting the amount of times I have been hijacked by the monopoly.I use to have great time selling on Greedbay until they joined forces with Paypal and became bouncers for crook buyers.I think the thing that really hit me was the charging of 12% on your shipping.Now that's just plain GREED!I could write a book on the amount of endless headaches I have suffered with Greedbay.It's too bad the sellers are not important to them anymore.I better stop on that topic of Greedbay because I will never stop.Ok,Back to soda machines,I am picking up a clean looking yellow Pepsi Ideal 55 tonight in hopes of getting it a good home after I check it out.It really looks fantastic but missing the inside rails and coin mech. Works.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: