SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 02:46:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CAV CSS-64 FS  (Read 4748 times)
ScottP

« on: February 09, 2011, 04:58:21 pm »

CAV CSS-64FS, How much should I pay for it? Cools, runs, in decent shape.

Thanks for the advice.
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 05:44:44 pm »

If everything is there, and it doesn't need any work, I'd say around 3-400.

ScottP

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 10:20:42 am »

After speaking with the seller he stated the following, "The machine is a dime machine and when a dime is inserted the bottle is not allowed out, there are various springs and levers on the mechanism that hold tension and move from position to position,but that is the extent of my knowledge". Can someone let me now if they think this is an issue with the "Coin Changer"? Looks like I could replace it fairly cheap. 

Thanks for the help.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 10:35:26 am »

You are correct! Common problem with those old steel body coin "mechanisms", but a good opportunity to haggle on price.
       That is probably the most popular C-64 model, has the optional light fixture and looks to be in pretty good condition. You would be well advised to stay on top of this one, you will be glad you did.

Glen
ScottP

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 10:53:36 am »

Thanks moondog.  hopefully i canknock the price down a $100 or so and pick it up this weekend. Any suggestions for the coin changer replacement, looks ike Ebay has several listed.
Pat Pixley
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 12:57:52 pm »

Well I would take at least $250 just in case .
as far as the Coin mech. JohnieG he is a member here he can rebuild it , or you can buy one on ebay
just remember  you could be buying someone else problem . smile
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 03:13:22 pm »

It could also be an issue with the springs, solenoid, or switches at the bottom of the rack.  Make sure you do a little troubleshooting on that before springing for a new coin mech, its pretty simple to pull the rack out and we can guide you through how to do the checks.

The most recent CSS-64 I picked up had a bad solenoid, therefore when you put the coin in, it never released the bottle gate flapper.  Sometimes the springs just pop off, I've seen that a few times too.

ScottP

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 03:50:44 pm »

Thanks for the advice, will see if I can pick it up this weekend and will be back for advice.  Will be my first one, so will need some expert advice from you guys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: