SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 09:56:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any recommendations on places to get a custom silk screen sign for CSS-96?  (Read 3727 times)
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« on: April 19, 2012, 07:01:32 pm »

I am refinishing a CSS-12-96 I have in a Dr. Pepper style them so the existing Coca-Cola sign won't work.  I have the logo and design (.eps, .pdf, .jpeg, etc.) I want to go on the plastic, but I can't find anyone local to do it.  Most places said they couldn't do it and I finally found a place that said they would. I though I was clear on what I wanted, but the result was very disappointing.  I worked back and forth with them but I guess they weren't capable of doing what I wanted.  Basically, they ended up printing the artwork on a piece of vinyl and sticking it on the plastic.  So, the sign isn't translucent and it just looks bad.  Since many of you restore machines regularly, can any of you recommend a company or person to work with?  My sign is a pretty basic design (red/yellow alternating stripes like on old DP machines) and I have another logo in place of the DP logo.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 08:05:01 pm by brasskey » Logged
Tay

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 09:31:39 pm »

i have a guy i use who does all my lighted signs and what we do is use white backed vinyle where the light shines through very well

css-8-64g
uss-8-64
cavalier 125/225
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 10:47:42 pm »

I have a guy that I use who does all my lighted signs, and what we do is use white backed vinyl where the light shines through very well

Thanks.  I had a local sign shop do the same locally and it didn't turn out well.  I guess it can be done better.  I'll PM you for details. I'm looking for places that silk screen just like the original signs. That seems as though it would be the best.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 11:43:49 pm by johnieG » Logged
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 11:04:24 pm »

True silkscreen will be very spendy. T-Way on oldgas.com has the equipment. May be a place to start. If you decide to get one made suggest letting the folks on the board know. A group buy would take some hurt out of the setup costs. Screens, inks etc...
Good luck.
Creighton
LEDCREATIONS
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 02:04:02 am »

Fastsigns did my dr pepper machine and two dr pep decals custom designed for 110 bucks
Fire708
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 12:03:24 pm »

Killer decals has them in different sizes too. Im considering them after reading a post about using a decal on frosted plexi with clear plexi over.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: