SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 10:20:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Pepsi Machine  (Read 4808 times)
Gumbo
25 Cent Member

« on: January 19, 2010, 09:47:10 pm »

Hey guys- I posted the large square top a Pespi Machine a few days ago. Here is another he has, but smaller. Is this one more desiarable? What model is it? I know it is a Choice Vend. What is it worth?

Anderson
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 09:57:11 pm »

I think it is a neat looking machine but that is just my opinion. Not sure how much it would be worth though. Also it looks very similar to this model http://soda-machines.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=348&Itemid=14
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 06:30:42 am »

As scalebowler mentioned, it appears to be a two select version of the CV-72...
I wouldn't put a high value on it, although, smaller is considered better!
Say... $100 - $175
Is everything functioning properly...? Looks as if the light bulb(s) may be missing.

My six cents,

Jim

Gumbo
25 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 07:03:43 am »

Can't you just get ligth bubs at the hardware store to fit it, or are they some type of special bubs?  Oo

Anderson
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 07:50:11 am »

Nice "smaller" Pepsi machine but that baby still weighs 350 pounds!

If the fixture, starter and ballast are still good, you should be able to get new fluorescent bulbs.  They look to be about 18 inches?  If the fixture is no longer working you can probably get the parts to repair it but it might be easier to wire in a small fluorescent fixture that you could pick up at Home Depot or Lowes.  You could probably rig something like this to work:

http://www.soslightbulbs.com/18inchfluorescentundercabinetlightwith5-foothideawaycordset.aspx

But the picture in the reference area looks like the original had a two bulb fixture.  I am sure with a little checking around a two fixture can be found at an electrical supply company as that type of fixture would be a common size for an aquarium lid.

I appears that the coin mechanism is also missing from this unit although I am sure you could find a replacement.  Or you could just set it up to free-vend.

If you want the machine I would go in with $100 cash and mention the things that you are going to have to replace.  Make sure it is cooling properly.  If not walk away because there are a lot of Pepsi machines of this vintage out there to be had.

drinking Tim drinking
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 08:04:39 am by mznb1u » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: