SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 10:34:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Soda on Facebook  (Read 3694 times)
Eric
Soda Jerks

« on: December 22, 2016, 01:47:09 pm »

I know a lot of folks are on facebook now (I've yet to open an account) but I know many have and have found a lot of places to connect and buy and sell good soda stuff.
A lot of you know I now work for a company that bottles soda, many are vintage sodas to be exact... Well they have a Facebook account and have
now ask me to help out with it  glare  Now I don't know what they really want me to do as yet... but I do know a lot of folks are often looking for glass
bottled soda for their machines and coolers... I suggested that we maybe spot light a different client each week or month... MASS STREET in Kansas is a
good example... many of our clients are Mom and Pop shops and I think it's only right to help get their name out there and get folks through their
doors which, in turn, keeps them buying soda from my company who themselves is a small  business... and keeps me in a job! smile

So anyway I don't know really how Facebook works but I do know they want to get more "followers" or "likes"? So I thought a good place to bring this up is here...
They are always looking for soda related stories, or memories that pertain to our sodas.. Also would be cool to see vintage machines filled with our sodas or
vintage signs of sodas we carry.
I've also talked with the owner about the Chicago show and how cool it would be to set up there selling bottled soda.. Just not sure how that would fly just yet.
I know it would be cool to see some of the collections from here post some killer stuff on there... and maybe reach different clubs or communities to expand collecting
this stuff... Also they can help direct folks looking for places that sell these vintage sodas for their machines and coolers.

Any advice or knowledge that anyone can pass along to me about Facebook would be awesome.  I would like to invite everyone to check them out or "like" them... I know they would
love to hear stories of vintage sodas... Many of the soda we bottle we don't have a lot of info on and we are always searching and looking for folks that do have information
or even just a good story or memory to share. Plus I think it would be killer to see images of our sodas in vintage machines.. though most would be Coke and Pepsi don't know
how that would fly but gotta start somewhere  biggrin

Anyway they are Orca Beverage... they are located in Mukilteo Washington, all the sodas are bottled right here in good ol' USA... Please help me spread the word...
Thanks all and again any advice is appreciated!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
ld26
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 09:00:31 pm »

Hey Eric

I joined facebook a few months ago so i'm not an expert, but I do know there are a few good groups to join on there for soda machine collecting and bottle collecting.  The groups have a load of members so that will be a good way to get the word out about the company and getting likes on their page.  Once you log in to facebook on the left sidebar is a header called "explore" under that header should be a link for "groups" where you can search.  Type in vending and coke and vintage and you should see a bunch of groups you can join.  You will usually have to be approved for the group but it should just be a formality. 

Once in you can make posts and all the members will see them.  Just post about the company and give a link to their facebook page where people can "like".

There are groups on all stuff vintage, gas pumps, jukeboxes, clocks, bottles, anything you can think of.  They will all probably be interested in what you have to say.

I love quikold coolers
www.quikold.com
ld26
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 09:02:57 pm »

correction...you search for groups in the main searchbar up top, so just put in a search for say "vintage vending" and groups as well as regular post results will show up, if you see a group you want to join click the link and hit "join"...

I love quikold coolers
www.quikold.com
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 10:14:58 pm »

Hey Eric,
A formidable task but not hard. Best would be for you to just talk with Linda. She takes care of all of that for Lost Coast Designs. You will want a FB page for the company first off. Then featured customers such as Mass St. (if they are one). If not I'm sure Matt the owner would be glad to talk to you. They also have a KC store. Contact info on their web page. He should recall the tall old guy that has suggested getting some vintage machines in the store :-). Last trip there the women said nobody can maintain them. We all know that is not an issue.

Does your company have a web page or are just wholesale? FB link to the company web page enables folks when see a FB post to order direct. While I hate to advise anyone to slog heavy product to trade shows it does gain exposure and contacts. Set up next to someone selling machines would be ideal.

When the FB gets up and running be prepared for quite a bit time spent responding, posting Holiday Specials etc...
Anywho shoot me a PM so you and Linda can chat. Oh, Likes and such are fine but are not revenue. You want the company info to spider web out to interested folks. Some established FB groups will allow commercial sale posts some not.
All will work well after some time spent :-). Best of luck on the new project !!
Creighton

Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 10:59:33 pm »

Thanks guys.. they do have a website... www.orcabeverage.com  and they have had a FB page for a while... it's under Orca Beverage Soda Works...
When I'm not working on labels, signs or package designs they have me making banners and artwork for the sites... I did all the art and "look" for the website...
but not much going on with FB and it could be cool.

I would love to see vintage machines and items posted... Also hoping folks that collect these old brands can give us background stories and information on
some of the brands we bottle... Many of the brands he picked up have little to no History at all... I think he kind of wants stories told,
he seems to really love these old brands and has in his mind a community that will share images and information... And they also want to reach out and make
connections with folks interested in selling soda in their stores...

Thanks again guys.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
shadeone

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 12:32:41 pm »

I've always wondered about Orca and the "brands he picks up"... It seems like a lot of their sodas are just the name / trademark and not the actual soda being "brought back".
Can you ask him to confirm which ones are actually using the real vintage formulas?
I know there are certain ones that he just bottles for other people that own the names like Dad's Root Beer etc...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: