SMC Discussion Areas
June 01, 2024, 04:56:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Liquidate  (Read 4918 times)
kstt
5 Cent Member

« on: December 21, 2016, 12:19:55 pm »

I'm looking for opinions or experiences with liquidating a whole collection. I hope to retire and move in three years. My "diner" will likely not be going with me. It consists of:

Cav 72
Cav 51
Pay Phone Booth - Western Electric, 1966
Seeburg DS 160 Juke
Hamilton Beach 3-head milkshake mixer
Working traffic light
(5) Vintage chrome pedestal diner stools
Parking meter
Moxie clock
Coca Cola clock
assortment of repro and vintage advertising

My choices seem to be:
   1. Part it out, ebay or Craigslist, one piece at a time
   2. Sell it all as one lot, ebay or Craigslist
   3. Keep it intact, and hope to find a buyer for the house, that will pay a premium for it to remain.

Option 3 is of course, my first desire. But it could be more risky. And it would paint me into a corner for time.

Thoughts?

coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 12:59:09 pm »

Piece it out. Ebay, Craigslists, Swap Meets, Trade Shows. You will get more out of what you have. You will have to factor in time, fees, and expenses. It may take a year it may take three.

Sell to a dealer, Most dealers will pay 50-60% of value, They take the chance, they drag it all over the country. Its gone in a day and out of your life!

Sell with home unless its free I doubt that would ever work, 95% of the people I know think I am crazy for liking this stuff.

Good Luck!!!

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 03:23:59 pm »

Piece it out. Ebay, Craigslists, Swap Meets, Trade Shows. You will get more out of what you have. You will have to factor in time, fees, and expenses. It may take a year it may take three.

Sell to a dealer, Most dealers will pay 50-60% of value, They take the chance, they drag it all over the country. Its gone in a day and out of your life!

Sell with home unless its free I doubt that would ever work, 95% of the people I know think I am crazy for liking this stuff.

Good Luck!!!

Agreed. Good luck

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 03:39:25 pm »

Joey nailed it..

You have lots of time. Start selling on eBay and Craigslist. Perhaps do a couple of shows.
If you stop buying and start selling it will soon go. I sell and before I know it I've replaced what I sold with something else.

Good luck..

Dave

pinballdude
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 03:46:30 pm »

Where are you located?
No one said offer it up here first? THEN eBay/Craigslist it.
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 05:46:42 pm »

If you decide to part it out, I'm interested in the coke and moxie clocks, and the Cav 72.

Are you still in NJ?

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 06:46:38 pm »

Great replies ! Need to clear out some of my stuff as well. Car parts to buy :-) Have decided everything here first. The items that can be shipped for a reasonable price go next to eBay.

The large items I am going to have my own auction and hope to just sell in place. Can always say reserve not met. I don't see anything in city codes that to have an auction you have to pay an auctioner (sp). Auction advertised on CL, the weekly classified "Shopper" thing etc... Kinda looking forward to that day.

I'm not in a hurry either. Time is on your side.
Would love to have the phone booth and traffic signal. Just not a good idea now.
Hope all goes well for you.
Creighton
kstt
5 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 07:11:28 pm »

yup, still in NJ, just outside of Princeton. Of course, shipping machines, phone booths, and jukes, is a challenge for the casual seller. I really don't want to spend time at shows, just to sell. And that would involve a lot of travel - there's nothing nearby for that.
If you guys have an interest in anything - I can definitely provide photos and descriptions. I also have a very nice Coke "button" that I think is 24".
crackerman_don
25 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 07:18:21 pm »

Just sent you a message

Don

Vendo-39
Vendo-27a
Vendo-56
7 up VMC-33
Popperette
Vendo 27
Vendo 44
Pepsi Gullwing
Minut pop
Seeburg W
You'll Like popcorn
Glasscock Counter Top
Popcorn Sez
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2016, 11:24:01 am »

Agreed with comments.. piece it out to get the most out of your items...
post your stuff here and that will probably clear out most of it..
shipping machines and such is not hard as long as you pass that cost onto the buyer.. NAVL can come and haul it away , and all you have to do is open the door. no packaging required.

smalls you can always have packaged at UPS Store, (it'll cost the seller) but you don't have to worry about it..

and there are members out your way that may be willing to help transport as well to other members?

all good options.
GOod luck!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: