SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 05:07:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Collection Of Restored Machines For Sale  (Read 2215 times)
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« on: September 20, 2016, 07:14:21 pm »

Not mine, just passing this along. These machines belonged to a collector buddy of mine and Glenn's. He has been talked about here before in prior post a few years back. He had a massive collection that was broken down and sold about 5 years ago. Most of the soda machines, all restored, and as you can see, some fantasy, were purchased buy a local gentleman who knew nothing about soda machines other then he just thought they were, "cool". 

I didn't know the buyer other then his name but we never met so I never really knew where or how he was displaying the machines. So, over the weekend I see the Craigslist ad. Those 2 antique stores listed are less then 10 miles apart and in the same city of the buyer. I was both happy and surprised to see most of those machines again. I had an interest because I restored all the 33's except the 7UP and for the right price I would considered buying a couple back, 15 years later. Rather then calling asking for pricing I made the 2 hour each way drive to see them all again and discuss pricing in person.

I went to the first store where they had a restored 56 for $6,500. Small dent on the side and pitted chrome. I asked where the other machines were and the clerk said the other location had 2 more. So I then asked where were all the machines in the photos that I drove 2 hours to see them and she said there were being stored at a different location and asked which one I wanted to see and she could arrange to have it brought into the store  darn

I drove to the other store and saw a Westy 42, $4,000, nice but also pitted, and a Hires Slider, $2,800, fairly nice. I asked the clerk there, who seemed liked he could have been the owner of the stores, I didn't ask, about the other machines. He said he was scheduled to meet with the owner this week for a complete price list on all machines. All he knew as the 3 -44's, all fantasy were $4,500 ea. or $12,500 for all 3.  help

Now before making the trip I knew the antique store didn't write a check and buy these machines. I knew they had to be on some type of consignment deal but it never crossed my mind that I would only see 3 machines total. In reading the ad again it didn't say they were there but it didn't say they were not there either.

I left my name, number, e-mail and asked for the complete price list once he knew. If anyone has a interest in anything let me know but I'm not expecting much to come out of this, at least not now. Maybe later after these machines sit a while longer. Seeing all these machines a few years back, the 44's were fairly nicely done, the fantasy 39's were also cool and nicely done, the 81A was very nice, and of course all the 33's are top notch, (remember, I did those) but the 7UP but that once was nice also.

In leaving the guy at the store said look for my e-mail and also said, " you probably know more about these machines then I do", in which I replied, "yeah, I probably do".  biggrin

http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/atd/5786811375.html

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 08:54:35 pm »

I have seen most of these machines and they are awesome!  happydrinkers
       A fantasy machine does not have an established market value, so it's risky to restore one for sale.
       Obviously, this investor is going to have to face a major loss on many of these machines.
       That being said, if I were him selling these machines, I would be inclined to group them together....
sell all three 44's or all four 39's in groups.   
      I think splitting them up would take a longer time to liquidate.

Any comments?

Glen
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 09:54:35 pm »

Glen, Are these from the Grover beach collection?

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: