SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 04:14:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeburg Pickering gold cartridge 45 rpm  (Read 1890 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« on: September 20, 2016, 12:50:38 pm »

Just curious if anyone has ever used a Seeburg gold cartridge?  I just picked up a Seeburg 200c-1 or 2 and it originally had a gold cartridge.  Mine has the red head cartridge.  I bought one from a collector and ordered a manual for the phonograph.  In the manual it states that there were three cartridges available.  One was this gold cartridge, but it also states that the gold cartridge had a permanently installed diamond needle and that when it wears out you replace it with a new cartridge.  The other two available cartridges used replaceable needles.  One was sapphire and the other was sapphire or diamond.

So my question is has anyone ever used one of these and if you have, can you change the needle or is it soldered, crimped, etc in place where it wont come out?

A lot of stuff.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 01:00:26 pm »

The "red head" cartridge is typically the preferred cartridge.  As far as sound quality and replacement I haven't had a chance to experience that...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 01:05:40 pm by Slapshot42 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: