SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 04:56:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: question about compressor  (Read 558 times)
scottransell

« on: November 16, 2023, 09:08:51 am »

I have a Ideal slider the compressor worked fine until now and when I had the refrigerant guy out to test it they found a leak in the wall, so after removing all the panels I found a hole in the tubbing, which is no big deal. I ran the compressor for a day with no freon in it, the compressor wasn't hot, so my question is after fixing the hole and recharging the line should the compressor be fine running the day with no freon in it or will it be toast and need to be replace.
Any help would be appreciated 
MrMark

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2023, 09:39:58 am »

Assuming the compressor still runs - you can take your chances and have it evacuated and recharged, and cross your fingers.

It’s never, ever, a good idea to run a compressor without refrigerant - any oil vapor produced gets pumped into the condensor where it lays and ultimately starves the compressor of oil.
Normally, refrigerant flow carries the oil with it to return to the compressor.

Good luck!
scottransell

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2023, 11:59:47 am »

thanks, and that is what I was thinking. chance it out as a new compressor would be worth more then its worth. appreciate the advice
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: