SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 07:45:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this sound normal? (I sure hope it is)  (Read 20515 times)
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2010, 07:46:49 pm »

Note to self do not use keyboard cleaner to blow the dust off of the condensor coils. Still can not get that taste out of my mouth.

Use compressed air!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2010, 05:46:34 pm »

Use compressed air!
I will next time. Dang! Turns out this stuff has a bittering agent in it to discourage kids getting high off of it and it just turns out that once you spray this stuff it becomes airborn and gets into your mouth and nose. Next time I get some of that keyboard duster I am sticking to some cheap office store brand that does not have this.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2010, 12:02:33 am »

Anyone ever used Blast-a-coil before? My welding teacher told me to use something like that to clean out the condensor. He said it was like scrubbing bubbles for the coil. I may have to try it out. I used the air duster stuff which did get rid of some dust but it did not clean the coils out completly. I do want to give it a go.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2010, 11:53:06 pm »

Ok I after some time I believe that I have the problem figured out. My welding teacher knows a lot about HVAC and refrigeration stuff and I explained the problem I was having with the noise and he told me that if I have a really dirty condenser then it could be causing too much high side pressure to be building up and that can cause the noise. So I spent some time cleaning out the condenser the best I could with what I had and when the machine fired back up I noticed a HUGE difference in the sound. It still is dirty in the middle of the condenser and there is still dirt on it but I am going to get something to clean that off but the thing is that was the problem. I am so happy I apprecaite your guys help and I just wanted to let everyone know that I got it working. biggrin
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2010, 06:44:47 am »

Thats great to hear.. If you have compressed air around, give it a good blast with that and it should clean it all out.. Otherwise, hose or pressure washer.. Just got to be careful about getting too much water in the fan..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: