SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 05:29:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the chicago show  (Read 5462 times)
Ezra
Soda Jerks

« on: August 13, 2014, 11:22:40 pm »

Can someone tell me the official name of the chicago show I see talked about here a lot.

Thank you
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 01:04:27 am »

http://www.chicagolandshow.com/ 

Glen
Ezra
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 06:04:13 pm »

Hmmmmmmm, I can see the correlation.
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 07:56:43 pm »

Click on YouTube and search "Chicagoland coin op". Should give you some good perspective.

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
Ezra
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 08:07:30 am »

Watched uTube vid .  Looks kinda like a waste of time if you just like soda machines.  Reminds me of the visit to the turlock california January show. Everyone was telling how I would find so much there. Not one vertical machine! I got there early the first day.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 08:33:55 am »

The Chicagoland show is like visiting all your favorite E-bay pages in person.
     It's great for a weekend getaway!  happydrinkers

Glen
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 09:09:45 am »

Look through the photo album from the home page here... my wife and I go every November... The past few years we all meet up at a restaurant (Portotelos) spelling help!  smile
on Thursday night and talk and get to know each other and put a face to a name (that is my favorite part) then Friday morning EARLY we are run around searching for that
deal hidden in a trailer or truck bed.

Some years there are several round top machines, others maybe more arcade and U.S. Mailboxes, it's different every year and as years go by there is less and less. remember
this stuff is 60+ years old and not sitting in every closed mom and pop shop. But there is still plenty of good stuff showing up. There are quality vendors bringing in some
awesome one of a kind items and smalls. You're on a soda machine site so many of us here talk and only take images of those items... but there is more to it - jukeboxes, gas pumps,
signs of all types of advertisement, General Store decor, Soda Fountain items, vintage toys, vintage radios, slots machines, candy machines, Civil war items, WWI and WWII items
dealers that provide parts, decals and restoration services to most juke, candy and/or soda machine...

« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 09:16:07 am by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 09:10:55 am »

some more... Really liked the Matchbook artist guy...

Eric

WANTED:
Ezra
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2014, 09:24:43 am »

Look through the photo album from the home page here... my wife and I go every November... The past few years we all meet up at a restaurant (Portotelos) spelling help!  smile
Portillo's

Im born and raised in Chicago 34 years.  Don't forget to try Giordanos Pizza deep dish.  Also, I just like vending machines. the 81s and Cav 72.  my 2 cents.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2014, 09:56:01 am »

There was a pizza place up from Portillo's a few blocks, same side of the highway, on a back side of a little strip mall... was really good, might of been it... and we like the Filling Station too.
81s and 72s yeah, better get there early... those are the ones everyone wants of course... But heck you live so close and outside walking around is free, show up Thursday night,
get to know these guys/gals, get a little sleep and hunt with the rest of us... I can't wait.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 09:17:37 am by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2014, 10:00:33 am »

Last November I counted

11 V-39s
4   V-110
2   V-44
1   V-56
5   At Lease  Squire Corner Machines.
And that's After Rod at Fun-Tronic's bought up all the 81s NOT restored LOL  smile

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2014, 11:55:03 am »

Ezra,

I was born and raised in Chicago also, but it has been a while since I have been back.  I too though LOVE Giordanos Pizza!!!   I have ordered a few times over the years online.  Also, one time we were in Orlando a restaurant there...was quite a surprise.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: