SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 11:39:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Made a BIG Mistake  (Read 2877 times)
FASTURN402

« on: March 07, 2014, 11:37:51 am »

A guy came by yesterday with a Westinghouse WE-6 for sale. Instead of doing my research first I gave him $350.00 for it and now learned i made a mistake. It is missing so many parts should not have paid $100.00 for it. I am thinking about calling him back up and having him take it back and letting him keep his $75.00 profit.
I would rather pay that for the lesson than $350.00 dollars. I am hesitant to do this as I feel I would be compromising my integrity.
My other option is to try and minimize the cost of being stupid.
Heres where you guys come in.
Is the compressor worth anything? (Do not know if it works as the cord is shot.)
What about the top door? (Small amount of surface rust but overall in good shape). Not beat up or dented.
How about the cap catcher?
Any help or suggetions to save this Newbie would be greatly appreciated.
Live and learn.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 12:06:54 pm »

I would opt for the $75.00 loss if he will take it back.

Glen
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 12:12:49 pm »

A guy came by yesterday with a Westinghouse WE-6 for sale. Instead of doing my research first I gave him $350.00 for it and now learned i made a mistake. It is missing so many parts should not have paid $100.00 for it. I am thinking about calling him back up and having him take it back and letting him keep his $75.00 profit.
I would rather pay that for the lesson than $350.00 dollars. I am hesitant to do this as I feel I would be compromising my integrity.
My other option is to try and minimize the cost of being stupid.
Heres where you guys come in.
Is the compressor worth anything? (Do not know if it works as the cord is shot.)
What about the top door? (Small amount of surface rust but overall in good shape). Not beat up or dented.
How about the cap catcher?
Any help or suggetions to save this Newbie would be greatly appreciated.
Live and learn.
Send me a pic of the top doors and the cap catcher, I might be able to help minimize your loss.   Where are you located?

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 12:53:18 pm »

Agree on the $75 loss if he will take it back. Chalk it up to the price of education. I'm sure nearly everyone on here has a similar story from when the first started collecting. I know I have a few "lessons learned" pieces.

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
TheGarbageHunter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 12:54:16 pm »

You can always convert it into a smoker or planter.

Do not feel to bad my first machine was a vendo 63 that I paid 450.00 and it needed to be restored.

Live and learn.

Garbage Gold Hunter
FASTURN402

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 02:19:20 pm »

Thanks so much for the responses guys.
Believe it or not, same guy walked in 20 minutes after I posted this with a vintage SUN 900 Scope Moter Tester on his trailer.
It is in good working condition (just dirty) and complete with owners manual and all specification cards for 1962-1970 vehicles.
Traded him his cooler back for it straight across. It is going to look great with the 7 1962-1968 vehicles that I have.
I am much happier. Must be living right. Funny how things work out.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 04:46:23 pm »

Result... I buy sh**e  all the time. Can normally get my money back on it if I keep it long enough or spend some time on it. . As long as you break even at
the end of the day everything else is education..

« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 04:47:55 pm by davethebirdman » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: