SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 02:44:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What kind of machine is this?  (Read 3386 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« on: February 03, 2010, 04:22:42 pm »

I saw a really neat coca-cola cooler today at an antique store and I was trying to figure out what it was. It was in almost perfect condidtion. Had embossed letters, all the paint, no rust anywhere and it looked to have all the parts. This looks like the one I saw today. http://cgi.ebay.com/1930s-Coca-Cola-Ice-Chest-Cooler_W0QQitemZ180463984707QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2a047de043 It was really neat and I would have liked to buy it but I was allready told that we don't have enough room after I bought pepsi machine. lol
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 06:20:06 pm »

It is a Westinghouse Master.

The picture you posted is a poor restoration. The lids are not original or even a good repro of the originals. The same with the cap catcher.

Nice boxes, but rather large. You may be better off with a smaller Junior or Standard model.

You can look at picture of these ice chest on this site.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 06:41:25 pm »

Yeah the one I posted was just to  show what it looked like. The one I saw looked to be all original.
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 08:48:51 pm »

No worries. I bet someone here can help you out in finding one close to you. I have seen a couple come up for sale in my area. But any purchase I make usually has a long (two hour plus) trip attached to it..

scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 08:52:29 pm »

The one that I saw today was at an antique store that is within walking distance from the college campus but I am not going to get it. Don't have the money for it and not enough room in my dorm room after I got the pepsi machine. I just wanted to see what kind of machine it is. It is a cool machine but I am not getting anything for a little while.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 09:59:59 pm »

But bet it would look killer at a family members deck or patio... and that's what family is for! smile
That was the first Coke machine/cooler I had... thought I found something really rare.. turns out
those are everywhere... they made thousands of them... I still have a standard... great design...
probably my favorite Coke cooler....run ads in a paper for cooler or machines.... something will pop up!
For a dorm room you need a Pepsi ST 56 and a Coke junior to keep empties! both cand be had at a
fair price... check Craigslist too! Happy hunting happydrinkers

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: