SMC Discussion Areas
May 26, 2024, 01:44:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UPS Packing  (Read 9961 times)
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2009, 04:15:14 pm »

UPS picked up the sign from him today. He emailed and said now he is out the sign and doesn't have his money. He wants his refund today. But I can't do that then I would be out the sign and the money. I need to call UPS and see if the refund goes to him or me.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 03:01:40 pm »

Update: Well, UPS is sending a refund check to me so that I can refund the buyer for the sign. Of course, two days ago the buyer left me neg feedback because he "had to go through eBay to get a refund for a damaged sign", which isn't true because I said from day one I would refund the $ once the claim was final with UPS. Oh well.

Glascock Standard
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2009, 05:01:45 pm »

Oh well, my patootie. With the new rules governing feedback, that negative could hurt you later on,
I'd fight it ro get Ebay to remove it, if you kept the emails, you have you were more than fair, and he buyer was a pita ( pain in the ***) and unfairly I may add

And what? You  misplaced the refund check from UPS...

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 06:22:24 pm »

Yes I agree misplaced the UPS check. I'd tell the buyer to stick it you know where.
Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2009, 06:48:01 pm »

That really bites Dan! Sorry the deal went all wrong...sounds like the buyer is a real A-hole!
Is the UPS check payable to you? Do you have the damaged sign too? I'd tell the buyer to stick and say that you have been a patient person and he has been unreasonable, so take a hike...

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2009, 07:53:46 pm »

I'm not  suggesting don't pay him, but hey, you keep forgetting to go get stamps,  it's in the overhead console of the van, and the van is in the shop for a few days,   you're pretty sure you remember where you left the envelope, you think...

And lodge a protest to Ebay to get that negative removed., I've seen nasty comments left for buyers, even though the comments say otherwise..

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2009, 08:19:59 pm »

That really bites Dan! Sorry the deal went all wrong...sounds like the buyer is a real A-hole!
Is the UPS check payable to you? Do you have the damaged sign too? I'd tell the buyer to stick and say that you have been a patient person and he has been unreasonable, so take a hike...
Yes. The check is payable to me. I got it in the mail today. I was the one who dealt with UPS to get the refund. That was fine by me since they refunded the price of the sign and the packing costs. (In the auction I said I would cover shipping over a certain amount. The guy actually paid the shipping in his original payment and I refunded that money before the sign ever went out because in the ad I said it would be covered. Never even got a "hey thanks" for that either.

Good ? about the damaged sign. I don't know where it went after it was picked up from him.

Glascock Standard
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2009, 08:23:27 pm »

I'm not  suggesting don't pay him, but hey, you keep forgetting to go get stamps,  it's in the overhead console of the van, and the van is in the shop for a few days,   you're pretty sure you remember where you left the envelope, you think...

And lodge a protest to Ebay to get that negative removed., I've seen nasty comments left for buyers, even though the comments say otherwise..

Yeah, I'm not in a hurry to refund it now and I won't do it through paypal once I do.  I was looking at how to request that the feedback be removed...I guess I just contact eBay? All of my emails I sent through ebay.

Glascock Standard
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2009, 07:22:56 am »

Dan,

Ebay Messaging doesn't keep messages very long, so act promptly in getting the negative feedback addressed!
As far as the feedback is concerned, was a "Dispute" filled by the buyer...? If so, then steps need to be taken to ensure a solution' if not, the Dispute escalates to a "Claim" where PayPal will review and determine a result... If this has occurred and you agreed to refund, then you have a little time to refund. With this said, if your messages explain your intentions and this buyer has acted out of order, then I would hope Ebay would remove the negative feedback based on your intentions expressed within the messages.
What I have done was copy/paste all messages between seller/buyer and create a text doc so I could have a record on my computer long after ebay removed messages.
I even went as far as creating a web page for this a seller that didn't refund my $70 in the event someone searched for the ebay seller, windyridgecollectables

Just my six cents...

My six cents,

Jim

halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2009, 09:11:43 am »

Dan,

Ebay Messaging doesn't keep messages very long, so act promptly in getting the negative feedback addressed!
As far as the feedback is concerned, was a "Dispute" filled by the buyer...? If so, then steps need to be taken to ensure a solution' if not, the Dispute escalates to a "Claim" where PayPal will review and determine a result... If this has occurred and you agreed to refund, then you have a little time to refund. With this said, if your messages explain your intentions and this buyer has acted out of order, then I would hope Ebay would remove the negative feedback based on your intentions expressed within the messages.
What I have done was copy/paste all messages between seller/buyer and create a text doc so I could have a record on my computer long after ebay removed messages.
I even went as far as creating a web page for this a seller that didn't refund my $70 in the event someone searched for the ebay seller, windyridgecollectables

Just my six cents...

Well, they won't remove the feedback. Even though I went through all that trouble getting his money back (which I did refund once the UPS claim was done). They said his feedback didn't break any rules. What sux is I can't leave neg for him.

Glascock Standard
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: