SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 07:06:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UPS Packing  (Read 9901 times)
sodaman
25 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 01:44:40 pm »

All these companies now are just after the buck, they don't care how they make the money, just send the item the cheapest way possible and they think you will forget any claim because it's such a hassle to get your money back.

VMC 81:RC, 7UP Pepsi
Jacobs: 26(4), 160, 35, 50, 56 
Quikold RC, Orange Crush, Barqs
General Vending Leader , Master & Midget(THE DALY 32)
American Vendor 124
Guiberson, DP 27 W/stand
VMC 33 7UP, Pepsi 
Mills 45, 47A, 120 W/bottle display
2 Delf Triples VMC 72
70+ soda Venders, 6 Stoner
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 05:46:51 pm »

All these companies now are just after the buck, they don't care how they make the money, just send the item the cheapest way possible and they think you will forget any claim because it's such a hassle to get your money back.
Actually, the biggest problem I am having is that the buyer wants the refund "now" and is not really cooperating on the other end. I could have said, "oh well, you deal with UPS", but I didn't. I went back to that store twice today. UPS needs to pick up the packaging and sign from him next week and all I am getting so far is "you paid for the insurance, you deal with it". I paid for insurance up to the sign's value to protect the buyer more than me. But I need the buyer's cooperation to complete the damage claim.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 07:35:11 pm »

Dan, send all  messages thorugh Ebay so you have a record he received them, and have documentation  if the seller is a pain later on ( not that I don't think he is one now) If he files a neagative against you, you can use the  messages to  have Ebay Revoke it.

As the buyer, it's always fallen on to me to launch the claims, so what you're doing  goes above and beyond your responsibility, and you're a good person for that.

DO NOT refund him the money before he refunds the sign. If he never sends the sign  in to UPS, you have no claim, and you're out.  If he's likes to tell you, "you paid for the insurance, you deal with it"  then you tell him you're calling the shots, and this is how  t's going to be.

Sorry to be so negative, but I'm still cranky from a recent experience with shoddy packaing, a 78 record was packed in crumbled newspaper. I paid for insurance, and the post office laughed and denied the claim as improperly packaged.   
Stand your ground, if he wants you to deal with his claim, he can wait for refund

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
oldskoolcoinop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 08:29:31 pm »

As the buyer, it's always fallen on to me to launch the claims, so what you're doing  goes above and beyond your responsibility, and you're a good person for that.

Sorry to be so negative, but I'm still cranky from a recent experience with shoddy packaing, a 78 record was packed in crumbled newspaper. I paid for insurance, and the post office laughed and denied the claim as improperly packaged.   
Stand your ground, if he wants you to deal with his claim, he can wait for refund

Right. I always thought the buyer normally handled the claims, especially since he is in posession of the evidence. Seems like you're really trying to work with him too. If the guy's that much of a jerk, he'll probably leave you a neg to boot on Ebay.
   On another note the same exact thing happened to me with a 78. Got a great deal on a record I wanted. I get it and it's in a padded mailing envelope with a ball of newspaper on each side, like it was even going to make it on to the truck in one piece. Seller stiffed me to boot.  veryangry

Pat Pixley
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2009, 10:50:02 pm »

Dan I Feel Bad for you on this, If you don't get this resolved I would go to the Papers and do a letter to the editor or even maybe USA today ,they love stories like this  Cool.
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 09:00:57 am »

This whole shipping ordeal has turned into a nightmare.  Prices have gone way up and service has hit the bottom.... The post office is just as bad or worse..(in my area).   On another note -  as a buyer, don't you take on some responsibility for the product ?  People think  - that just because I paid for it - i do not have to bother with shipping problems....   

Bob
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 02:22:56 pm »

Not to take attention away from Dan's case, but I have just went through similar issues on two different Seeburg Background Music Systems!
Both sellers said they worked perfectly, but when they arrived, they where far from functioning! Fortunately, PayPal was in my favor and reimbursed my money even though the seller disagreed. My second case, still in transit back to the seller, has not made it to a PayPal Claim, I've filed a dispute and I'm in the process of working this out with the seller as he assures me I will get a full refund... He said he'll see why it's not functioning, get it working as it should then allow me to re-purchase if I want it still...
I spoke with UPS and their position seems to be anything fragile will require double boxing for a claim!
I've been very extremely upset with UPS as these items did seem packaged well for shipment.
My first seller has relisted the item describing its non-working issue due to UPS ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 07:35:33 pm »

Yeah, it can be a pain, but after my last email where I at some length explained that I am being very fair and that he will have to be patient as there is a process it has to go through, he did email his phone # to me since UPS had asked for it. I know he doesn't want to wait, but will have to.
When I showed the lady at UPS the pics of how they packed it, she said that is how they always pack flat items like that. I told her it wasn't how I was told it would be packed and not how I would've done it. I now have one to send to Canada (even though I wasn't planning on sending it out of the country and now have to check on shipping it out of the US) and will probably pack it myself.
I can't see how they can get out of paying for it since they packed it and are supposedly a "Pack and Ship" promise location.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 11:40:02 am »

Since they packed it, I would think they stand behind it? hopefully..
I've shipped a few flat items/signs like that, but I've always wrapped them, then sandwiched them between two pieces of plywood, or for the very rare signs I've built a crate for them, and in 2 ocassions when i was buying new old stock rare signs , I built the crate, sent it to the seller, instructed them on how to package it, and they sent it back to me in MY wooden crate and the it has worked very well.. yes you pay more to ship two ways, but when dealing with signs that are valued over 2k.. it was worth it..
I used to use this photo when I told people how well I packaged things to send to them..
usually got a few laughs, and some snide remarks...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2009, 12:04:59 pm »

John,

I was wondering who sent me those two darn boys of mine!  I thought it was from the stork.  Can I return them for a full refund?  Ther're a bit bigger now.  I'll even double box them for ya.  biggrin

A lot of stuff.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: