SMC Discussion Areas
May 08, 2024, 03:28:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: White paint touch-up  (Read 2780 times)
fabes
5 Cent Member

« on: October 14, 2011, 12:27:25 pm »

Hey fellas,
Just want to get your opinions on this one...I want to touch up the white paint on my 6 case, but I only need to touch up 3 letters (D.R.I). And, I really don't want to spend $15 ($5 per letter!) on a whole pint of white paint from funtronics.

Should I just leave it as is or is there a paint code that I can get for it a little cheaper?

Please give me your 2ยข....

Thanks for all your help!
-Pete
------------
fabes23@gmail.com
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 12:58:50 pm »

Try any white paint you may have around. Your letters have been on there long enough that if you don't like the new color, just wipe it right off without any damage.

Glen
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 01:22:38 am »

I would look for a local sign painter or pinstriper in your area.  That's a small
enough amount of work that it should cost that much.  A good artist or painter can
match the paint, or make it a little darker of white to cover the letter bigger.

If you want a good sign paint, go to a local paint store (automotive) and ask for a oil based,
or a sign paint.  It doesn't have a high flash for drying, so it doesn't show different passes due to
how fast the paint dries.

Moondawg is right, if you catch it fast enough it will wipe off easy, repeat until satisfied.

I think you will be happy after all the work is done to have a freshly completed embossed logo.

Also Funtronics sells a variety of vinyl decal kits.  Janet  should be able to help you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: