SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 11:11:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 110  (Read 6411 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« on: April 22, 2008, 07:07:12 am »

Hello,

I just picked up my first Vendo machine.  The bottle rack is all sticky and gummed up making the bottom round "gizmo" (technical term) sluggish when it is turned to allow the bottles to be released.  I want to take it apart and clean it. 

Is there an easy way to remove the whole bottle rack assembly, or do I have to take it apart piece by piece?

By the way, these Vendos are pretty neat machines.  They seem to be built well and are user friendly as far as adjusting for different styles of bottles, length and thickness.  I might have to pick up some more of these.  Maybe one for my wife for Mothers day, her birthday, or Christmas. laugh laugh  I'm sure she would be so happy?Huh???

Thanks,

Larry

A lot of stuff.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 08:50:31 am »

Larry,
The best is to completely tear it down and clean it ... but if you don't want to do that .. you can remove the whole assembly and soak it in a solution of simply green or some degreaser overnight, rinse it off the next day and it should free up...
The whole stack comes off easily.. remove the shelves.
There are 6-8 screws along the right hand side holding it onto the cabinet. remove those and hold the stack while removing the last "TOP" screw... It's heavy so use both hands at this step... Take it down, lay it in the tub with the solution and soak it...

If you want help with questions while taking it apart... let me know... give me a call.

John

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 09:22:18 am »

Thanks John,

I tried to take a peak at the machine the other day and the posse found me and hauled me back in to the Sheriff.  I was told that I needed to finish my work on the kitchen before I could go out and play.  Maybe this weekend I can get a chance to finish the kitchen/porch project.

Larry

A lot of stuff.
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 09:49:44 am »

Congrats Larry!  Definitely post a picture for us when the Sheriff gives you a chance.  I'm thinking about getting a 110 myself at some time...let me know how the Mother's Day gift to the wife works out for you and I may try it!   Oo 

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: