SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 02:46:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Less electricity.  (Read 7171 times)
darkseraph
« on: September 18, 2007, 10:21:13 pm »

I recently got a Choice Vend VUB-81 and I was told it used allot of energy to run. My question is this:
What is the best way to cut down on the electricity costs? I don't want to spend allot of money on the problem as well.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 12:21:08 am »

Welcome to the board!!
Sorry I don't know what a CV-VUB-81 is but here are few things to reduce the amount of electricity it takes to keep the soda's or whatever cold.

Keep the machine full.
Make sure there is good airflow through the vents.
Clean dust/grime off of any fins or fan blades.
Make sure main door and bottle door seals are good.

Creighton

SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 09:04:11 am »

Any older machine will take a little more juice than a new refridgerator or cooler, but like mentioned in the above post, make sure seals are good and machine is full all the time as that will keep the cold in... It won't break you... might cost a few extra dollars a month to run is all... I have 2 running at the house all the time and haven't noticed any difference in electrical bill.
SHoot us a photo of your machine..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 09:21:41 am »

another trick to help cut the cost of running a soda machine iif it's a lightup sign model, turn off the sign or just remove the lamp & reconnect it when you are entertaining, you can also install an appliance timer (rated for the machine) & have it shut off in the evening & when you're not around during the day. and as stated above, kepping the machine full, clean & the coils free of dust-bunnys will help the machine run effiecently , also don't obstruct the air flow if the machine has the condersor coils that vent to the back of the machine, (like a Vendo V39. if your machine is the kind with a coinmech heater. you can disconnect it. this heater will draw current about 1/2 an amp & it isn't needed on these hobby machines that won't see outside service in the winter again. (this heater is often found on older round-cornered models like Vendo 56,81,V39, etc.)

when I check a machine, I put an in-line Amp meter on it & make a note of the current draw while it's running, & then you can compare that reading to the stated amps listed on the machines ID tag. if it's higher than the tag says. you could have a compressor pulling too many amps of current , which could mean it's getting ready to go bye-bye..just a thought

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
vend_dr
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 02:30:02 pm »

There is a product called the Vend Miser which turns the machine off if there is no one in the room. It cuts down on the number of cycles the cooling unit will run. Do a search for Vend Miser and you will find loads of information about it. 

I do have experiance using these on newer models of soda machines, in the 3 years I used them I did not have any compressor problems or any other machine issues. How they were at lowering energy consumption I cannot say as the account never told me if they were a success or not.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: