SMC Discussion Areas
May 11, 2024, 12:38:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coke bottles straight side center script  (Read 3979 times)
iggybu
5 Cent Member

My collection so far...!

« on: July 21, 2013, 07:14:22 pm »

I just picked up a couple coke ss bottles. They are center script with "trademark registered" underneath the script and no town on the slug. Paid $30 each. Talked the guy down from $45. They are a little dirty and a couple scratches but no dings or cracks and in pretty good shape I think.

Looking at them, one bottle, the tail of the first C is flat on the bottom and doesn't curve in like the other which does it more diagnally. Anyone know if the one was just a screw-up or did they change the logo to that for a bit?  Also was $30 a good price for them?
Also, these were the same era as the decal bottles?

Thanks

He wear no shoeshine,  He got toe jam football, He got monkey finger, He shoot Coca Cola, He say I know you, you know me, One thing I can tell you is you got to be free, Come together, right now, Over me - Beatles

Well I don't drink Coca-Cola, but I sure like an old moonshine - Tom Petty
iggybu
5 Cent Member

My collection so far...!

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 07:38:49 pm »

Better pic of it

He wear no shoeshine,  He got toe jam football, He got monkey finger, He shoot Coca Cola, He say I know you, you know me, One thing I can tell you is you got to be free, Come together, right now, Over me - Beatles

coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 03:12:54 pm »

It all depends on the city in which it was bottled. Some cities have low values while others are rare as hens teeth and command big money. I have owned dozens of the SS cokes over the years most fall in the $25-50 range. But I have seen on more than one occasion a bottle bring $2,000+

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
iggybu
5 Cent Member

My collection so far...!

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 04:50:40 pm »

Cool. Thanks. These are the only ones I have found so far on my vacation in Colorado. Keep looking in these ghost towns.

coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 09:27:26 pm »

Harder to find in Colorado. You will find most in the south, larger cities, and the east coast.

Joey

Vendo 81 B, C, D
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
iggybu
5 Cent Member

My collection so far...!

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 09:35:44 pm »

The guy I bought them from got them from Montana at a bottle show. He had a ton of bottles but only two coke.

coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 10:52:27 pm »

What are the cities on the bottles? I have a book that tells the rarity on the old bottles.

Joey

Vendo 81 B, C, D
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
iggybu
5 Cent Member

My collection so far...!

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 10:58:14 pm »

They don't have a city name on them. Just coca cola script, trademark registered under that and bottle not sold towards the bottom.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: