SMC Discussion Areas
May 14, 2024, 05:52:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange Soda or Beer Dispenser, can anyone help  (Read 3347 times)
evilmonkeybrewing
« on: April 25, 2008, 02:09:16 pm »

I just purchased this dispenser, and have no idea what it is.  Below is a link to some photos.  Has anyone ever seen anything like this before?  The logo is from the now extinct Iroquois Brewing Co, which made soda during Prohibition.  Embossed on the tank are the words "Root Beer Master" around a triangle.  If anyone can give me any info on this device I would appreciate it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25985873@N04/?saved=1

Mike
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 04:38:56 pm »

Sorry, I can't help, but I was just curious, I thought Iroquois made beer.

A lot of stuff.
evilmonkeybrewing
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 10:35:24 am »

They did make beer until 1933 when Prohibition forced them to stop.  I believe they turned into the Iroquois Beverage Co. after this and made soda until the 1950's, when they started brewing again until 1971.  I homebrew and use the Cornelius soda kegs for containers.  This thing caught my eye as it is very similar to todays soda kegs, but looks like an extremely early version.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 02:01:54 pm »

It's just a syrup dispencer ( although it is rather fancy), you'd pump the specific amount of syrup into a glass of ice, then you'd add the soda-water to the glass, wha-la rootbeer soda.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
evilmonkeybrewing
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 02:29:53 pm »

Don't think it's just a syrup dispenser.  There is a gas-in port on the left hand side marked with a "C" (CO2 ?) and a gas-out port on the right hand side marked with an "A."  Coming down form the gas-in port is a long tube that goes about 3/4 the way down the tank and appears to be a carbonator.  My best guess is that the company shipped these with pre-carbonated soda or beer, and then the hand pump at the top was used to draw out the liquid after the initial pressure had subsided.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: