SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 12:32:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier USS-8-64 Coke Machine  (Read 21506 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« on: March 13, 2008, 05:41:25 pm »

I have a line on the above machine and it will be my first Coke machine. From the pictures and the owner's description, it looks like it was never used. It is clean as a whistle inside and out. Even the gaskets around the doors look brand new. The owner even has the various price stickers for the front. Locks, coin mechanism, lights and compressor all work as new.  I have attached a few pics.

I notice that there is a spot next to the compressor where it appears that something has been removed(the white area).  What is supposed to be there if anything?

He wants $500.00 and to me that seems like a good deal if it is really as described when I go to see it. Does this seem like a good deal?

Based on other posts, it looks like if I have to lay it down for a short period when it is being moved, I just need to wait at least 24 hours before firing it back up. Is that correct?

Thanks for the advice!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 05:44:37 pm by mznb1u » Logged
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 05:45:50 pm »

I buy these for $100-150 complete and 100% functional.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 06:11:27 pm »

I usually pay $100 to $150 for the Cavalier bottle machines, but because
this machine vends both bottles and cans I would double that allowance.

Even if you end up paying the full $500.......it is a nice machine,so it won't
depreciate much.

Glen
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 06:30:36 pm »

Thanks for the info.

I have been poking around at some of the other posts and it appears that there should be some form of condensation pan next to the compressor.  Is that correct?

I am going to try to get him to come down a bit but I think he is pretty firm on the price.  The story is that the machine was delivered but never put into use so it has been sitting in a storage room of a business until the current owner got it.  I guess you never know what to believe but if it is as clean as described, I will probably go the full $500.  I really want a machine that will handle bottles and cans.

I will post some additional pictures when I get it.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 08:00:47 pm »

I notice that there is a spot next to the compressor where it appears that something has been removed(the white area).  What is supposed to be there if anything?

I would say the condensate pan was located there...
After transporting horizontal, at least allow 8 hours in the upright position before plugging in and firing up the refrigeration system.
I would still offer a lower amount, say $350 - $400 if this is in immaculate condition.

My six cents,

Jim

bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 10:04:29 pm »

You can't go wrong with the machine. $500 is a lot for the machine, You'll ever loose money on that...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 02:13:25 pm »

A bit over due but here are the pictures of my USS 64--stocked and ready to vend.  I still need to do a little more clean-up on the machine but I am waiting for some warmer weather here in Michigan so I can take it out into the driveway!  She is cooling well and vending adult and kid pops very nicely! drinking

RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 06:43:25 pm »

Man, that machine looks great. You know...by paying a little extra now you already have a really nice machine to display, and you don't have to do any real work on it.  Congrats.
DanV
5 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 05:51:21 pm »

That is my machine ! (it's twin) , look inside above the coin mechanism--you should have a sticker with the serial # and a date  mine says 1271 (dec of 1971). I left the woodgrain look and added a hand holding a bottle sticker from funtronics , along with some new crank stickers (pepsi, dew, rootbeer).

The spot is the condensation pan.

You will love this machine. I got lucky and got it a bit cheaper from a garage sale wow
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 09:31:20 pm »

Dan,

Thanks for the info.  Mine is 12-78 which puts the machine a little newer than I thought it was.  The condensation pan is the only thing that was missing but the guy who sold it to me said that it may still be in his garage somewhere.  In the meantime, I found a drywall mud pan that fits just fine.

I am keeping the woodgrain and will be ordering some new stickers (Sprite, Diet Coke, Orange Crush, Root Beer) for the crank buttons.  I also want to change a couple of them out for the red coke crank buttons. drinking

The machine is like brand new and runs and cools great!  Even though I maybe overpaid a little, I love the machine!

Current project is an early model Vendo 39! biggrin

Tim
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 09:44:07 pm »

What does the condensation pan look like?
I may have one for you if the seller doesn't come through.
LMK and I'll check.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: