SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 03:34:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dr. Pepper Queen Anne  (Read 9772 times)
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« on: September 10, 2011, 12:48:45 pm »

Hey Kilroy,
   Is this the machine you're talking about?  Well, here's one for sale in east Texas if anyone's interested...assuming the guy still has it.  Too much for me, but if someone's looking for one, here it is.

Ken

http://shreveport.craigslist.org/clt/2554898461.html

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 12:51:53 pm »

I dunno, the more I look at it, the more I like it too.  Is this a pretty reasonable price for this machine in this condition???

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 01:44:38 pm »

sorry, The more I look at it, the more I yawn, other than the graphics & legs, it's just another V63...It's Nice, don't get me wrong, but it's a very boring machine in white paint, at least they should have done it up in Dr. Pepper green... glare  

one small problem is that I see 3-different machines in 3 different rooms in the pictures + a print out of a catalog or some other web-shot. so which one is it? or is it a rusty pile of junk & these are just bait photos?

guess we'll have to see...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 01:50:04 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 02:16:46 pm »

You're right, I didn't notice the three different pics with different backgrounds.  Shreveport's a bit far for me to go though.  It is also pretty bland, but if it's a good price for a "rare" machine, perhaps is worth getting for investment??

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 03:15:29 pm »

Not all that rare. Wouldn't count on any return as an investment. $750 way high.
Maybe $350 if a clean working original. "Yawn" is spot on no big deal.

The only sure returns are on Round Top Coke red/white multi-vend machines. 81 and 56. Cav. 72.

Tons of square top machines made and still working fine. Watch what actually sells in your area and work that market.

Creighton
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 04:29:43 pm »

I have only gotten the machines that my wife and I like.  I don't think I'll get too much into buying "investment" machines unless I just happen across one for a super good deal, even if I don't care for it.  Perhaps someday I'll be able to actually buy and restore these things for profit, but not anytime soon.

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 05:52:47 pm »

If you like a particular machine, by all means go for it! but insofar as "investment" potential I've always felt ( personally) that this particular model won't pan out... as mentioned above, $750 is way too high, & if they are really going to become worth $3000.00 ( per the sellers comments in the ad) I could whip out a 1/2 dozen of them with the V63 cores I have in storage.

11 is louder than 10...
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 07:41:14 pm »

So you could make a "clone" for lack of a better term?  There's nothing other than the paint scheme and ornate corners that makes this one special huh?  Model number or serial number doesn't identify?  That's pretty wild.  That would really ruin the collector market though, wouldn't it?  No one would know what the original ones were or not.  Either way, I am passing on this one.  I have better things to spend the money on right now.

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 07:44:44 pm »

Its a vendo 63. Yep its just a plane old 63 with some extras on it. The pictures are probably the same machine. Its quite possible they have had it for a long time and have either moved or have had it in different rooms of the house over the years and used existing pictures of it.
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 07:49:26 pm »

Say these things DO start becoming worth some money.  How would a collector tell if it were an original Queen Anne that had been restored, or just a regular ol' 63 that someone turned into a Queen Anne?  I would think the original would be worth far more than a clone...right??  Just curious.

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 07:51:54 pm »

I'm sure that the serial no.s would certainly ID an Original Queen Anne model, however if one had a mind to do so, it wouldn't take much effort to figure out the range in the series to fabricate a machines ID plate, & you'd never know unless you happened to run across an identical "original"  once you had a rusted out machine from the same series, you could duplicate all of the ornate trim pieces closely enough to fool an untrained average Joe.

The same thing happened a while ago in regards to the RC cola V-81 , someone made up a bunch of "patch-panels" in China that could be mig-welded onto a generic V-81 door & make it into a "rare" machine..that why it's wise to educate yourself by hanging out at this Site!  upside
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 08:11:05 pm by johnieG » Logged

11 is louder than 10...
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 07:57:50 pm »

I've already learned a ton on here.  I sometimes feel like the annoying little kid that is always asking "WHY?"...haha. blush  I would hope that none of the guys on here would duplicate as that would be taking away from what we're all here for and about.

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 08:12:11 pm »

"I sometimes feel like the annoying little kid that is always asking "WHY?"...haha. "

And now for your entertainment.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EetIJ0Ft_wg

« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 08:23:44 pm by johnieG » Logged

11 is louder than 10...
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: