SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 05:05:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP needed with V-39 compressor rebuild  (Read 2764 times)
thouchins

« on: April 08, 2011, 02:29:47 pm »

I have a working compressor that looks terrible. I want to paint it, replace the electrical wiring and replace the insulation around the tubing. How can I install new insulation without having to unscrew the tubing?

Terry
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 02:41:18 pm »

Use both hands and twist that old insulation, it will break off into small pieces, then cut whatever remains.

Before you go much further you should really build yourself a simple compressor stand as referred to many times on this site. It will prevent damage to the copper lines and make your work much easier.

Glen
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 05:53:13 pm »

Good picture of a compressor stand that can be built with scrap lumber in this thread:

http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,12819.msg98930.html#msg98930

drinking Tim drinking
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 08:47:39 pm »

once you get all put back together on the deck, cleaned, painted and rewired, then you can just get some foam pipe insulation and slide it on. it's slit all along one side so you can just slide it on and then put some zip ties to keep it in place

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: