SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 03:32:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The #5 selection button not working on my V165. Suggestions?  (Read 2606 times)
vintagegamer
5 Cent Member

« on: June 28, 2010, 07:59:05 am »

I think I know what I need to do next, but wanted to hear some input from the "pros" as well.

Our V165 does nothing when you hit the #5 selector (the last one by itself on the far right).  I think it has been like this for some time, as even the plastic section that normally displays the drink type has plain white paper in it, and the gray support plate on the inside is not there.  So, I have a feeling this isn't a new issue for the machine.

Yesterday I removed the switch and tested it with my DMM and it works fine.  I checked the schematic in the door, and the switch is correctly wired (the single common tab gets the x wire, x3 if memory serves, and on the left side that has the 2 tabs, only the bottom is used, and it has one of the "a" type errors on it).  It is also the last switch in the series, so it only has 2 wires on it rather than 3 like the other selector buttons.

I also tried checking the voltage going to the switch from the wires, but this always seems to be a hard one for me to verify because it seems like the voltage is really low (like maybe .1 or .3V DC?). 

There are sodas in that column of the machine, so I'm trying to figure out what to do next.  Am I correct in assuming maybe it's an issue in the actual junction box in the center of the door?  If this machine has a selector button for a 5th choice, and a column for a 5th choice, I would think it should be an active one, correct?

tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 10:46:52 am »

It could be one of the other switches at/around the vend solenoid, or a combo of them...

First step is to make sure that the voltage matches at each of the common (C) connections on the button at the top.  Each one should be the same, I'm not sure what the voltage is, or if it is AC or DC at that point (most likely AC).  Those buttons all daisy-chain off each other, so they share common voltage, and also why the last switch only has 2 connections, there is no need for it to go to another switch.  If the voltage is different on the fifth switch, it could actually be the fourth switch which is not working.

If all those match in voltage, the problem is probably one of the switches or the solenoid at the bottom of the stack.  Check the voltages and report  back, then we can troubleshoot a little further.  I have the schematics for your machine from an earlier thread by you.

johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 01:06:21 pm »

These type of vendors use line voltage (115 volts A.C.) through the switches & the vending relay, solenoids, & other switches ( sold-out microswitch, vending gate "ready" microswitch -switch)down on the vending gate assembly. use caution as they will "bite" you,

take a good look at the vending gate assembly & check for broken brass quick connects on that columns  micro-switches, as these machines are famous for brittle/corroded connectors that will snap in half for no apparent reason other than to drive you crazy!

the sold-out micro-switches are also "daisy chained"  just like the section buttons as mention before, there are also some "vending gate ready" micro-switches that enable or disable will disable a particular column and give you the symptoms you've mentioned...I've seen a lot of this type of problems

you can find the female quick-connects ( which are smaller than a "standard" 1/4" quick connect) at Radio-shack.  have fun!    tounge

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
vintagegamer
5 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 02:51:06 pm »

Thanks guys, I will provide an update soon.  And  yes, one of the brass connectors in the vari price unit snapped on me for no reason already..  That's the first one!  Sad

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: