SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 03:07:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: is there a "free vend" option?  (Read 4060 times)
vintagegamer
5 Cent Member

« on: February 12, 2010, 05:34:42 pm »

My V165 has no coin mech, and I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to do a "free vend" option on it.  I read in the tutorial earlier in the week that someone had done some kind of wiring trick to make theirs work for free, but I don't think it applies to mine.

Also, I couldn't even get a can out when opening the fridge section up so I could use some training here if anyone can lend a hand.  I can see where there's a door/gate/whatever that holds the can in place in its row.

Thanks!

VG

johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 05:42:09 pm »

Time to spoon-feed another newbie!  tounge here you go. we also have a handy "search" feature on the site...enjoy   http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,871.0.html It will work on your machine unless there's something wrong with your vending relay/mechanism.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 05:43:53 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
vintagegamer
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 05:43:00 pm »

Time to spoon-feed another newbie!  tounge here you go. we also have a handy "search" feature on the site...enjoy   http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,871.0.html

Thanks!  I looked up "free vend" but didn't get very far.  I may be a newbie but if you buy an arcade game be sure to let me know!  I can help with those!!  Cheesy

johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 05:46:42 pm »

the free vend switch set up will work on a V-165 too, unless there's something else wrong with the vending circuit, relay, etc. I've owned quite a few of the 165's & other multi-vend Vendos & cavaliers & it always works on mine.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
vintagegamer
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 05:51:26 pm »

I was all excited about this option until I saw the word "solder".  It's basically the only electronics skill I can't master.  Is there something else I can do in substitute?  Maybe just put clips on the back of the switch? 

The sad part is I can MIG weld, but I can't solder for crap.  How whacked is that.

vintagegamer
5 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 05:52:50 pm »

Also, do you have any pics of where you mounted this switch on the 165s you had?  I need to do some research here before I start punching holes in my wife's machine! 

vintagegamer
5 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 05:54:57 pm »

After looking at my wife's machine, I'm wondering if there's a way to wire the switch under the "coin return" rod, so THAT would actuate it?  Just thinking out loud.

bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 06:35:35 pm »

Guys have done that with the coin return..  That is probably the cleanest spot to do it. You will have to do some bracket inventing, but it can be done.. If you don't want to solder, find a switch that you can use crimp connectors.. If you have any coin mech micro switches, you could probably bend the wire to trip on the coin return button.

The switch in the picture is just a small push button switch... any switch will work. I've seen others mount switches in the coin return cup area...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
GvtProprty

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 06:53:35 pm »

I've done the free vend switch on a couple of Cavaliers and a Choice Vend and use a micro-switch with a roller arm from Radio shack. It has pins which will accept the small red crimp on connectors. I use strong double sided tape to stick it below the coin return lever. The trick is to place it so the lever pushes the roller arm down enough to actuate it but not far enough to put pressure on the switch.

Cavalier CSS-64FS
Cornelius Compact 50
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: