SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 06:05:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Classic Soda Machine Reference Book  (Read 29631 times)
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2011, 12:25:39 pm »

Heck, we can assemble the material, and   sell it as a kindle book.
I think a sticker  would be a copyright infringement, since we are "taking" parts of the material written by Steve, and  processed by the publisher.

if this turns in to an undertaking, i will help

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2011, 12:31:06 pm »

Wouldn't it be easier to put a sticker on every page that says "Restored they go for $6-7,000!!" biggrin laugh Cool

I think that would be an interesting project.

drinking Tim  drinking
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2011, 01:06:50 pm »

Yes John, I have been thinking the same thing for many years now. My wish was to capture prices of sold items on e-bay to come up with a more realistic version of pricing. Unfortunately they stopped allowing a "completed listings" search a few weeks ago.
     Maybe a survey questionnaire to everyone on this board as to realized prices in their area could be compiled and then averaged out?

Glen
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2011, 01:18:45 pm »

Glen, I'm still viewing completed listings.
It's an option hidden, but under Advanced Search Options, also under "show Only"  after an initial seach term is entered

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2011, 01:31:51 pm »

Glen, I'm still viewing completed listings.

Me too!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2011, 01:54:26 pm »

I've discussed the idea of a new book with Steve Ebner prior to him selling Fun-tronics to Rod & Janet...
I believe Rod even hinted on creating a new book during one of our conversations...
I think we could put a price guide together; however, which manufacturers/models would be included for consideration...?
I think SMC may have the largest listing/database of manufacturers/models, but unfortunately, I do not have image references for every model...

I'm curious to know what copyright infringement there is for placing decals on pages of a personal book...
Not sounding stupid, what would be the difference if I placed "Post-It" Notes on every page with speculated values...?

My six cents,

Jim

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2011, 02:51:31 pm »

For manufactures/models we could start with the easiest/most familliar like all of the 81's, 39's, 33's, sliders etc. and update the listings as time progresses.
       Steve Ebner had an insert for his book which could be updated without publishing new books as prices changed which would work well here too.
       And if SMC owns the soda machines section they can insert any estimated value they seem fit, I would think.
       In the past, price guides only gave 2 values: average and restored. If going to this trouble at all, I think it would be wiser to give a 1 to 10 grade, such as:
      2 would be a parts only machine,
      4 would be average,
      6 above average unrestored,
      8 older restoration and
     10 fully restored

Glen
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2011, 03:16:12 pm »

I was thinking for ease it would be nice to use the existing book, but obviously don't want to infringe on rights and such... that is why I thought a sticker would be fine..

and wouldn't copright come into effect if we where selling this info ?? not sure..

I would think a listing of machines put out there on SMC if Jim was willing or some sort of site where we could conduct a survey would be good.. or just a thread and someone to monitor it and record replies and opinions...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2011, 03:29:31 pm »

You would have to be careful with the Coke ones. I have given it a lot of thought about doing a book. Here's where it's at. Do I do a book all on Coke machines, or a book on all machines. So I did some research. I have a licence with Coke, so it wouldn't be hard for me to do a book on all Coke machines, but would have to get the OK from Coke and then pay them royalty. For me to do a book on all models would get Coke's feathers ruffled. They didn't tell me no, but was not going to like it if I did one on all models. I have lots of bboks, and fliers and adds on machines I have collected over the years, so I have a lot of info to create a book. So not sure which way to go???  upside

Rod
Fun-Tronics
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2011, 04:03:08 pm »

Rod,
I would think just a Coke machine book wouldn't be as popular as there are just too many out there.. and for public use, limited it to one brand I think would shoot you in the foot and be tough to sell..

hence why I was thinking the easier route and just updating some already good information... but like most things it's usually great in concept and more complicated trying to execute the actual project..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: