SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 01:29:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Value of a 1958 Vendo A23E non-refurbished?  (Read 6719 times)
stickboy
« on: November 01, 2011, 02:03:50 pm »

help My mother-in-law has "some old Coke cooler" she'd like to sell, and wanted me to do a bit of research for her.  So, after an afternoon of digging around online, I'd found out that it's a 1958 Vendo A23E.  Not rare, by any means, but it's proving difficult to find a decent asking price, because all the similar models I've found online are already refurbished.  This one is in decent condition, it has original paint, original decal, some minor rust, and it's missing the actuator knob.  Not sure if the condenser works or not... we haven't dug it out of storage yet, hence the lack of pictures.  Would anyone be interested in this, or, any idea of what amount we could expect?  I can get pictures, if anyone wants them.  Located in Ardmore, Oklahoma.
briandr1
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 11:16:26 pm »

cool machine may be interested would like to know if it works

selectivend 64 sa
2 cavalier 96
1975 bally hi deal em pinball machine
1920 wate and fate penny  scale
stickboy
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 04:18:06 pm »

I'll check it out this weekend, and get some pictures taken, and try to give you any more info you might need.  Mother in law claims that it worked the last time she plugged it in, but that was back in 1989!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 06:20:35 pm »

As far as value, there are several Vendo 23's on e-bay right now. Follow them if there is bidding, and that's what people are willing to pay. Pay no attention to the auctions who start the bidding high and wonder why nobody placed a bid.
    But we think you should buy it from her yourself and turn it into a fun and rewarding project.

Glen
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 12:47:04 am »

For some reason LA Craiglist has a few of them right now in all shapes and sizes. Prices range from about $700 to about $1,500. I don't think any are selling. I have yet to ever see this machine in a real nice original condition. Most are either hammered or have a half a#@ restoration.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
stickboy
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 01:06:10 pm »

After some time to think it over, my mother-in-law has decided to hang on to the Vendo A23E.  It's nice to know that there are helpful people on well managed forums to help out newbies!  Thanks to everyone for their time and input-
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 01:23:20 pm »

The knob is available from any of the vendors  listed on the front page.
Too cool of a machine not to use it if it works

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: