SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 05:45:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jacobs Jsc-160 ???  (Read 5153 times)
cokecolaman
Soda Jerks

« on: January 28, 2009, 05:12:05 pm »

I picked up a Jacobs machine today...it looks like a 26, but the model # on the machine says JSC - 160. It also has the split front door like the early 26's...can anyone tell me anything about this machine? Also, does anyone still have a drum for sale?

Thanks!
Ron
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 05:14:52 pm by cokecolaman » Logged

VMC Coke 88 (nice original)
VMC Pepsi 81
VMC Orange Crush 81
VMC Squirt 81
VMC Dr. Pepper 81
VMC RC 81
VMC 7up 81 st
Vendo 44 original
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Cavalier 33
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 05:26:29 pm »

Hi Ron!  Sounds like you have pretty much the same machine I have.  Mine also says JSC-160, and is also missing the drum!  I haven't been able to find one yet...best shot is to find a rusted out machine that still has it's drum intact and strip it of parts.  I missed the winning bid on one of those last year.  That's all I know about them...one of the others on here may know a good deal more about them, or why the model number isn't JSC-26 or JSC-35.

Greg

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
cokecolaman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 05:33:45 pm »

Greg,

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you have any good pictures of a drum? Or measurements?  I know a fabricator who, with good pictures and measurements, can make just about anything.

Ron

VMC Coke 88 (nice original)
VMC Pepsi 81
VMC Orange Crush 81
VMC Squirt 81
VMC Dr. Pepper 81
VMC RC 81
VMC 7up 81 st
Vendo 44 original
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Cavalier 33
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 05:54:54 pm »

I had thought about the same thing myself, I just don't know anyone that works in metal fabrication.  (Though a buddy of mine that worked in aircraft maintenance said the metal shop could have easily made one, if that was allowed!)   Oo 

I have a couple of pictures, but they aren't too detailed as I didn't take them.  My thought was to find someone that would let me borrow a drum (and needed mounting pieces) to have them duplicated, then return them.  Of course, finding someone to loan you their drum might be tricky!  I know I would surely love to have a drum for my machine, and I'm sure that there are others in the same boat.  If someone were to take the time to make a few drums, they could surely make a few dollars at it (as long as the price wasn't prohibitive).  Anyone else have a drum laying around for loan?   help

Let us know if you are able to work something out to get one/some made!   biggrin

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 08:11:14 pm »

Does the Drum from a Jacobs 26 fit this same machine? I think the only differens is the split door on the front?
There is a Jacobs 26 for sale near me... guy wants 800 for it..it's complete with drum..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: