SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 08:03:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81 A  (Read 7173 times)
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013, 02:25:00 pm »

A is less valuable for sure. I think that we can all agree on.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2013, 04:08:31 pm »

yes I have a hard time selling an A ,, everyone wants the b or d model, mainly for the two toned look and stainless steel banding..

I have done up an 81a that belonged to a customer , he brought it to me, said he wanted it two toned and we did it for him and it looked fine.

I do like the all red 81a look too have done several of those for customers, but never had a request for one out of my inventory.. everyone who orders one from me ,wants the B or D ..

it's just taste as all.. as they are nearly all the same machines, just the look.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
msanborn
25 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2013, 08:51:43 pm »

Personally I am a huge fan of the 81A, cleaned up or restored, they can look really nice.  With that being said, one that doesnt cool, I would have to assume that the coin mech doesnt work either, the light doesnt work, etc. so bare minimum, with a new cooling deck, restored coin mech, light bulb etc, probably adding an additional 1000, just to get it running  so I am more inclined to go with john aka signguy on his estimate.  Just my opinion, as I am well aware that people will pay some astronomical amounts to get what they want, but if it doesnt cool etc, then you are basically buying a refrigerator that doesnt work. albeit with quite a bit of nostalgia built in.   

Vendo 81
Vendo 39
Pepsi VMC 81
Ideal Slider
Glasco Slider
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: