SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 05:03:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Progress on VMC 81  (Read 11289 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2009, 12:49:22 am »

That is the same color powdercoat that we use on a floor tile that my company manufactures. Its a perforated aluminum floor time for data centers. The hammerd look powder coating is the strongest you can find. Our tiles get a lot of abuse being that they are flooring panels and it holds up very well. It will last for forever in a machine.  Looks great on the shelf.

It looks like everything in your shop is now painted mint green Smiley
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2009, 12:53:55 am »

Yeah My Camaro is covered in overspray, My shoes are green, plus everything else. Thats Ok My shop was built to be used!

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2009, 08:41:05 am »

Looks great joey, it looks lighter when you showed the picture of the shelf vs the inside... but that could just be lighting.. very nice.. I have used similar stuff as well, my powder guy is experimenting with some new stuff on tubs for me now, it is powder coat, but it's super shiney and resembles zinc plating, but as tough as nails being it's powder.. I'll post some photos when done.
Also, to note.. the way you got those machines lined up with the matching clocks above them starts to resemble what the Wolf Collection must have looked like when it first started...  biggrin Just a few more to go Joey! Congrats. looks great!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2009, 09:02:15 am »

Get a Dr. Pepper thermometer instead of the clock.

A lot of stuff.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2009, 10:26:43 pm »

Great job Joey...
 I like the mint green... very 50's.. still working on the decals... would you want the Dr Pepper letters to match the front sign or the Dr Pepper with the off set P in it.... I'm working on all this stuff in spare time and I have John's I want to finish and a project Jay sent me... like to have them all done by Chicago show and I know you want these before then I'm sure seeing it's already painted...
No time time to Quikold hunt! Aghhhhhhh! wow

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
audiobeer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2009, 11:07:13 pm »

Nice job Joey!!!!

Hey Eric......word on the street is that an Orange Crush Junoir was had by a Quikold Hunter???

Missouri
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: