SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 10:03:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jacobs 35  (Read 2462 times)
« on: June 18, 2003, 01:18:05 am »

When I turn the crank on this Jacobs 35 the drum moves. I assume this means that this doesn't have a coin mechanism? I want to open up the front panel to see what's there but can't see how this is done. How would one open this up? Also, this front panel has what looks like a light/lens below the bottle door...what is this? For drum loading, is there an 'order' that the bottles should be placed in? The loading door has a handle with a hole in it. I assume that this originally had a lock and key. Anyone know what size lock this would take? Lots of questions! Thanks! John    ':O'
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2003, 03:13:00 pm »

Since the drum rotates without depositing coin(s), it may be set on free play. Various coin mechs from this period could be set to vend without money by screwing in a set screw on the coin mech.
To open the coin door, unlock the lock if it's still present. Then remove the allen set screw in the crank handle and slide the handle off the shaft. This may prove a little more difficult as some get corroded on the shaft over the years... Now just lift the whole coin door upward to remove it; this may require a little persuation as well. That should be it...
I don't think there's any particular bottle order for loading...
And Yes, the hole in cabinet door latch is for a lock.

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: