SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 04:02:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Current Project, 3 vendo 81's  (Read 11416 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« on: March 18, 2008, 12:44:00 pm »

I've been slowly working on some Vendo 81's, 1 a and 2 b units... Got them back from paint the other week, and now working on reassembly... just don't seem to have much time with work and family obligations... but and hour here and there and their coming along...
Each one is completely taken down to bare metal, minor body work done, and repainted with PPG Paint. I decided to go two toned on all three... Lettering was hand lettered by a local signmaker in town, he did a great job!.
All parts have been dissasembled, coin mech, bottle stack,etc.. replated in either gold or silver. Inner tub was also replated. Chrome parts have been rechromed. Most original parts are being cleaned up, polished and reused like breaker strips, lenses... etc... wiring will be all new and compressors have been shopped and working, not installed yet. Still putting bottle doors together... .like Joey and Pat said in earlier posts.... ALOT of work goes into these COMPLETELY RESTORED machines... not just a Garden hose and Paint job restoration....
All Three of them are for sale.... Thanks for letting me share...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 02:12:24 pm »

Wow! Those are looking great, I can't wait to see the finished product. Keep us updated!

Brian
Pat Pixley
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 03:53:42 pm »

Ok Those look really great  biggrin , And your not going to keep just one oh.

and if you wanted new breaker strips drop me a line I  am doing those
also. smile

Pat
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 04:51:22 pm »

Wow, lookin' nice!

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 05:15:23 pm »

It's a big job to restore 1 machine...but 3 wow!

I am especially impressed with the shelves, is that what they call tripple zinc plating?

Glen
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 05:52:25 pm »

Ok Those look really great  biggrin , And your not going to keep just one oh.

Pat

Thanks Guys,,,, yes they are alot of work, but figured I had all three stripped down, and my body guy wanted to do 3 together instead of just one... so I decided to tackle all three... the a is almost done, the b's are next.
I am not keeping one of these as I have a few others waiting in the wings to restore, plus need to sell these 3 to help pay off the loan I took out to buy the collection of 16 machines last fall. SO if you know anyone looking for a REALLY nice FUlly Restored 81... pass them along... I'll award a finders fee!!
I have a few more in the wings... see photo... I'll keep a nice 81b for myself and I have a nice original 81a that I'll keep .. .the rest are for sale, restore or barter!
thanks for looking
John
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 05:56:30 pm by SIGNGUY » Logged

coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 11:13:08 pm »

Machines look nice, very nice, What brought you to two toning the A model? I'll spread the word around for you.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 12:53:26 am »

Those machines look great Signguy!  I would offer to buy one but I don't think that I could get that past the War Department right now!

I'd like to see more pictures when they are all completed!
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 05:47:18 am »

Awesome work. I only hope my projects  turn out half as nice.
And i also will spread the word for you. 

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 07:27:23 am »

Looking great. I agree with glen. Three at a time would be a hand full!

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 07:54:47 am »

I did two at a time once and I thought that was tough. Great looking machines. You did a great job.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 09:11:37 am »

Machines look nice, very nice, What brought you to two toning the A model? Joey
I've had better luck selling the two tones machines, rather than the all reds in the past.. so figured I'd just do it up this way on this one.. .I'm sure I'll do some all red a's in the future.

SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 09:33:28 am »

It's a big job to restore 1 machine...but 3 wow!

I am especially impressed with the shelves, is that what they call tripple zinc plating?
I am not sure if that is what they call it , but it sure turns out nice.. SHelves look brand new, the bottle stack was dissasembled and each part was strung together on a wire and plated and reassembled...

The beauty of doing all three at once is once you get one stack done, the other two where a breeze, same thing for the slug rejectors and most of the coin mech... those too where taken completely apart at replated, then the daunting task of reassembly... but I just pulled one off another machine to use as a model, and after the first one, the other two where fun to put back together.... felt kind of like building models or erector sets as a kid! biggrin

loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 10:08:52 am »

Wow that is really a full restoration. I have to admit I don't do that much to my machines. That is amazing work. I don't want to know what your plating bill was. But I bet it was a lot cheaper  plating three machines at once than doing them one at a time.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 10:12:53 am »

Wow that is really a full restoration. I have to admit I don't do that much to my machines. That is amazing work. I don't want to know what your plating bill was. But I bet it was a lot cheaper  plating three machines at once than doing them one at a time.

I do a fair amount of plating and it is usually a basic fee for as much as you can bring them.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Ginger Prince
10 Cent Member

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 10:16:13 am »

great great job!

the best part is you seem to have enjoyed it too!

regards GP
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 10:41:13 am »

How much do you charge for a machine with the works, the whole restoration?  Do you have any machines that are nice originals for sale?  How much?  What's PPG paint?

A lot of stuff.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2008, 11:31:15 am »

How much do you charge for a machine with the works, the whole restoration?  Do you have any machines that are nice originals for sale?  How much?  What's PPG paint?
PPG Automotive paint is what is used by my painter, I don't know the specifics, I just know it looks awesome!
I charge $6k for a COMPLETELY restored machine like this...I think this is a fair price for all that goes into them... and I'm not out to gouge people either... so if anyone is interested in one.. .I'll offer discount to any SMC member... PM if interested and we'll talk.

I don't have any other originals that I would consider nice, they all need a fair amount of work.

Thanks for all the kinds words.. yes I do enjoy doing the machines.. but sure wish I had more time to work on them... Gotta get them done in the next few weeks before spring rolls around then yard projects get in the way...

G.Pope
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2008, 06:46:32 am »

Hi SIGNGUY,
Wondering what kind of plating you used on the interior shelves? They look beautiful.
thanks
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 09:07:31 am »

I'm not sure exactly what it's called... I just saw the sample and said ... yeah do that!
I think the proper term is called Tripple Zinc plating... I'll check when I go back to get more done...

John

RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 01:55:15 pm »

I need some plating work done. If possible I would like to send some stuff to your plating guy.

Great work!
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: