SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 03:58:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Westinghouse WE-6  (Read 11334 times)
iggybu
5 Cent Member

My collection so far...!

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2014, 11:28:34 am »

That may work. Good idea. I will look into that

He wear no shoeshine,  He got toe jam football, He got monkey finger, He shoot Coca Cola, He say I know you, you know me, One thing I can tell you is you got to be free, Come together, right now, Over me - Beatles

Well I don't drink Coca-Cola, but I sure like an old moonshine - Tom Petty
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2014, 11:46:58 am »

You can get a puller from the loaner programs for free from Autozone or Advance if you need one

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 05:20:25 pm »

Need a used agitator motor? http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/for/4538521522.html 

Glen
iggybu
5 Cent Member

My collection so far...!

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 05:46:21 pm »

Awesome. Thanks for that but there isn't a phone or email for me to get ahold of them.  darn I'm only about 1.5 hour drive from there. Found a cavalier on eBay about three hours away but would rather drive less and pay less. Cavalier was $100 or bin for 500 I think

He wear no shoeshine,  He got toe jam football, He got monkey finger, He shoot Coca Cola, He say I know you, you know me, One thing I can tell you is you got to be free, Come together, right now, Over me - Beatles

iggybu
5 Cent Member

My collection so far...!

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2014, 02:04:46 pm »

Well I got ahold of the guy with the motor on CL. The wires are not looking pretty and I feel it would be a waste of time and money do take the drive and hope for the best.

I went to autozone and tried the puller but it was not able to fit between the housing and the motor.  down

My next thing to try is to take a dowel and a vice....anyone know which lip in the shaft I need to push out? Is it the smallest one toward the bottom or the lip where the bearing rests on?

iggybu
5 Cent Member

My collection so far...!

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 09:21:40 pm »

So I picked up a motor off Craigslist. I pulled the agitator off and soldered new chord to it. I hooked it up and the agitator is getting power but not turning. I could hear and feel it. Any ideas or is it burned up?

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 11:57:53 pm »

Frozen is my bet. Unplug, Tap very lightly with a tack hammer. Work the shaft back and forth until it turns freely. If you can't get the shaft to spin. You are done. Shaft spins by hand but not under power. Done. Some things just don't last forever and were not made to be fixed.
Creighton
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2014, 08:46:59 am »

So I picked up a motor off Craigslist. I pulled the agitator off and soldered new chord to it. I hooked it up and the agitator is getting power but not turning. I could hear and feel it. Any ideas or is it burned up?

electrical cord....musical chord? (was the motor humming ?) ... biggrin

but seriously, did the shaft rotate freely beford you tried to power it up?

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
iggybu
5 Cent Member

My collection so far...!

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2014, 11:06:51 am »

It spins freely by hand. But when plugged in, yes musical chord.  Is there a capacitor or something I can replace?

kbareit
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2014, 03:10:23 pm »

Iggybu, I don't know a lot about the agitator motors but I have a motor from an ice machine that was in service for 6 months before the customer dropped it and broke the pump housing trying to clean it. the motor runs and I'm sure can be modified to work for your machine. If you want it shoot me a PM and we'll go from there.

Cavalier 27
Jacobs 26
Ideal 55 Hires root beer, 7-Up restored
Ideal 55 Pepsi, Barqs original
Double cola,Squirt,Nesbitts,Canada Dry on deck
3 Westy 60's
3 Westy 78's
Cav 72 original
S&S 1400 WD2 Pepsi
Stoner Junior
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print