SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 10:01:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VMC 72  (Read 10463 times)
Zach
25 Cent Member

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2011, 09:51:38 pm »

It's funny how it's one machine after the next. Signs are a lot of fun and believe me the majority of the ones I watch on greedbay go way beyond budget and common sense. I have both machines you would like to have Bonovox, VMC 7up is definitely a cool machine although my Vendo 39 was my first machine and is my favorite machine of all time. You got quiet the collection! The door pushes are way cool, I've been wanting one for awhile now. I love the Coca-Cola button signs, first one I bought was a 48" and man did I under estimate the shear size of the thing once I bought it, definitely can't tuck it in anywhere. As much as I love the signs I have a hard time spending that much cash on a sign when I can get a machine for sometimes the same or less money, lol hence why I have more machines than signs. And I'll soon be 20.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 09:57:52 pm by motoman14 » Logged
Zach
25 Cent Member

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2011, 10:20:09 pm »

Sorry changed my name, Motoman14 is now just Zach
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2011, 07:24:18 am »

The VMC 72 must be a young machine.  I bought mine when I was 21.  Still have it twenty six years later.  That machine is awesome.  It was my first coin op machine.  I bought a Westinghouse WD-12?  when I was 17.  Sold that one five years ago.  I still don't have an 81 yet.

A lot of stuff.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2011, 09:08:29 am »

Yes the sign market is crazy.. it has settled down a bit, compared to a few years ago when I was doing a lot of signs, (hence my user name when I signed up to SMC).
I remember the first time I spent 75.00 on a sign and thought I was crazy.. a few months later I paid 150 for a cool one , then got really crazy and spent 550 on a super mint button sign with arrow at a show and thought what the Hell am I doing.. after that the 550 was the lowest I spent on future signs, But things worked out well, and I have bought and upgraded / sold and repurchased several high end tin and porcelain signs for many years and that part of the hobby has been good to me. I'll share what an older sign collector told me when I first started.. don't buy 3 100 signs, buy one nice 300 sign and you'll do ok with it down the road... that is what i did and it worked.. ok , off my soapbox.. I just love the stuff too much, I cringe every time I pull one off the wall to sell.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: