SMC Discussion Areas
May 16, 2024, 11:09:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 216 & VMC-149  (Read 13031 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 09:05:34 pm »

Sorry no way to know what the serial number is. Be careful of restoring the extra box to sell. It most likely will not bring much so the money you have in paint and parts to restore will most likely be more than it will sell for. I have tried to sell several different cabinets before as refrigerators, tool cabinets and so on and never has any lick. I always wanted to make a gun cabinet but never did it. I always thought a 60's machine with a lightup sign would make a great gun safe. I wanted to frame in behind the bottle door in cedar to use as storage for ammo and cleaning equipment and so on and make a light up sign for Winchester or Remington. You never know even in coke if done right that may spark some interest. after all vending machines are made to be impossible to break into so it would make a good safe. and yours is big enough to hold several long guns. Just a thought. Anyway I just wanted to warn you. Paint alone for a restoration along with body work and parts add up quick. Paint is especially expensive now.
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 09:22:42 pm »

Loman,
   Thanks for the input.  It's been a number of years since I bought any kind of paint for cars and such, which I assume is the same sort of paint for this use.  I don't really plan on putting any parts into it other than the body and small door.  I completely see what you're talking about though.  Paint and time/labor is really about all I would have in it though.  What do you suppose on going all the way with it and restorying entire machine for sale???  Would you think I'd see any return on the VMC-149??  Thanks.

Ken

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 01:30:15 am »

Ken,
Yes - I am a member at CMC as well as here - it is an addictive hobby!
I wouldn't expect a lot out of the 149 even if a full blown resto.

I restore coin mechanisms and I have worked on a few VMC mechs recently. I am looking for a VMC mech that is complete, so that if I go to restore one and a part is missing or lost by the plating company or whatever then I have a part to copy. So I am looking for completeness more than functionality or looks.
Anyone else have one to sell?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:31:47 am by collecture » Logged

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: