SMC Discussion Areas
May 16, 2024, 10:02:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 216 & VMC-149  (Read 13030 times)
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« on: July 24, 2011, 06:35:05 pm »

Hi All,
   New to this website discussion board, although have been referring to this site for information on various types of machines.  A few months back, I purchased my first Coke machine, a Vendo 216.  I would attach a picture, but my file size is too large.  It is mostly complete with exception of coin box, cap catcher, kickplate and lock assembly.  Uncertain if cooling system works as I need to fix a couple of worn wires before I plug it in and fry anything.  I realize not many collectors are looking for these larger models, but just curious as to its value or collectability.  Thanks.
   I just recently purchased a Vendorlator VMC-149, Coke machine.  This one is missing the internal vending system, as it was removed to make it into a "refrigerator".  I have not plugged this one in either as I still need to check all wires to ensure all is good before plugging it in.  Was told that the cooling system worked fine though.  This machine is also missing coin box, cap catcher, and lock.  Cosmetically, it's in pretty good shape with some rust on the top panel from apparently being outside.  Colors and 90% of the decals are in good shape.  Any ideas on value or collectability on this one?
   Any information provided would be greatly appreciated.  If you happen to have any of the parts listed, please let me know.  Thanks for all.

Ken

P.S.  I believe I found another VMC-149 that may have all the parts I need.  If completed the machine, how does that change the value if I can get it up and running in "original" (non-restoration) condition?

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 07:22:11 pm »

Welcome to the board!!
I can't help a great deal. No need to worry about keeping the VMC-149 original. Won't change the value any.
Creighton

loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 08:38:00 pm »

Yep the 149 will not be worth much either way. If its something you like for yourself then do for it but if you are wanting to complete it to sell don't put much into it. I have turned them down for a few hundred in the past. Without its guts its really not worth much of anything. You may be able to sell it to someone who just wants it as a big fridge but that about it. It may actually sell better that way. someone could make it into a kegerator or something like that.  Its a hard machine to find a home for. Its darn heavy and big. I don't mean to be harsh. I just want to be honest.
cokecolaman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 08:43:36 pm »

Ditto

VMC Coke 88 (nice original)
VMC Pepsi 81
VMC Orange Crush 81
VMC Squirt 81
VMC Dr. Pepper 81
VMC RC 81
VMC 7up 81 st
Vendo 44 original
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Cavalier 33
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 09:22:09 pm »

Ouch.  Haha.  Didn't expect those responses, but it's good.  I knew the larger 216 is a difficult one because it is so big, but the 149 I did not figure to be all that large, especially compared to the 216.  I really appreciate the input.  I will probably spend some money on it just because I would like to make it complete, primarily just because I like it.   biggrin  Thanks!!!

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 10:52:39 pm »

If you like it that is the most important thing. Big plus is you don't have to refill it every hour :-)
Creighton
COREY
5 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 09:17:38 am »

I have all the "guts" to the VMC 149 if you can't find them anywhere else.
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 07:47:13 pm »

Corey,
    Thanks!  I actually just picked up most all the parts I need yesterday.  I found another almost complete machine that had been completely disassembled that someone sold to me for parts.  I think the only thing I actually need for this one to make it complete is the coin box and cap catcher.  You happen to have those??  Let me know if you need any small parts and if I have them available, perhaps we can work a trade.  Let me know!

Ken

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 10:59:10 pm »

Hi Ken,
Sorry, but I don't see the 149 climbing in value much either...small bottle only & big  ...two negatives.

However, I did some work for a guy recently and he had a VMC-340. I told the same thing to him and he said "I don't care....it was the LARGEST capacity bottle machine of it's era and I like that about it." He wasn't going to use it, but just admire it.

So, if you like it, then that is all that really matters. And we want some pictures!

BTW - Is your machine an automatic or crank handle version? If you have an extra decent crank coin mechanism for the machine, I'd be interested in purchasing it. LMK
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 11:01:00 pm by collecture » Logged

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 08:19:19 pm »

Collecture,
   Your name looks familiar...colamachines.com??  I appreciate the information on the values and all.  I do like the machine and how it looks, so like you said, I guess that's really all that matters, right?  Kinda hard to be too picky when pickings are slim without having to spend lots of money for shipping or delivery.  However, I have recently come across what I believe to be a VMC-33.  I guess it could be a 27, I'm not too sure how to tell the difference and have been unable to look at the tag just yet to make sure.  It is in completely original condition and is real close to looking as if it just came from the factory.  It has the double door. Any ideas on what a good value would be for that one?  Or rather what I should look at paying for it?  It is at an auction and will be auctioned off in about 2wks.  Let me know what you think.
   As for crank or auto, mine is a crank model.  I currently do have two complete coin mechs, both with cranks.  Of course, I plan on keeping the better of the two for mine, but may consider selling the other.  I may keep it and put it in the cabinet I have for the 149, as I am going to try my hand at restoring the cabinet to see if perhaps I can sell that by itself.
   By the way, seeing as you guys and others are the "experts" on these things, the parts machine I got has a chrome bottle chute and crank handle, whereas the one I have does not.  It appears to be a dull lead color.  How can I determine the manufacture date on the two machines?  I have been unable to find a "decoder" for VMC like what Vendo provides for theirs.  Thanks again for all the help!!!

Ken

P.S.  I have pics, but they're too big to post on here.  Anyone know how to reduce their size???

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: