SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 09:00:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone Know About This Imperial Cigarette Machine ?  (Read 5701 times)
barryra
« on: April 22, 2009, 05:32:53 pm »

I have had this cigarette machine for awhile now & was hoping someone knew of it's age or history? I would like to restore it & paint it black along with re-doing the chrome. Is this a very desirable machine? Thanks for any information.
oldskoolcoinop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 05:56:07 pm »

It's a Rowe Imperial cigarette machine. The date on the tag inside mine says 12-7-36. My machine only had slots for nickels and dimes. Sometime in its life the nickel slot was elongated to take a quarter, I love the chrome on these machines, but unfortunately you can't take it off to get it rechromed.  Here is a nice restored one I found on the web somewhere.
barryra
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 06:12:09 pm »

Thanks oldschoolcoinop... So.... there's no way to take the chrome off? Shoot! I sure would like to get it off. Where did you find that photo? I looked all over on the web.. I will try to add "Rowe" Would you have any pictures of yours you could share? I would need the bottom repaired or made... there is some rust. Thanks again!! This is a great web site!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 07:35:05 pm »

Someone installed the chrome on that machine so there must be a way to
remove it. Sure you may need to use different rivets or fasteners but go for it!

Glen
oldskoolcoinop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 08:04:41 pm »

It looks to me the chrome was made with protrusions on the back that were stamped flat to hold it on. It's one large piece of what is probably brittle pot metal. Definately don't try to take it off. I'll get some pics of mune up this weekend. The very bottom of mine has some rust as well, still trying to figure out what to do with it, the original finish is "almost" to nice to restore.
barryra
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 12:34:38 am »

Oldskoolcoinop... I would love to see pictures of your Imperial cigarette macine!You were right... one of my coin slots was widened.
oldskoolcoinop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 09:19:14 pm »

Took a little while, but here it is.

oldskoolcoinop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 09:21:15 pm »

Coolest thing about it is it was apparently confiscated in 1954. This was attatched when I got it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: