SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 06:58:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I restore my Stoner Theatre?  (Read 4894 times)
barryra
« on: April 18, 2009, 09:53:15 am »

How do people restore there stoner candy machines? Is it worth having a body shop paint it or can I use can spray paint? Anyone know a good guy who re-chromes?

Also.. where can I find that round style key for the door?

Thanks for any information!!
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 11:37:51 am »

Don't use spray paint. Hire someone to do it. There are a lot of guys on here that restore for a living. Where do you live? I am sure someone can help.

Brian  happydrinkers
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 12:44:37 pm »

There is a guy who does the best stoners out there called RMS vintage. Ask for rich   1-561-758-2943  he is in FL, also bernies auto in  mchenry Ill very good job and fair on price  ask for bernie  815-385-2950, you will not go wrong with these guys , very fair and both do everything in house, body work and paint , also they will not take your machine and hold it for a half  year, both guys get things done in 4-6 weeks. When you get it back no short cuts done from these guys. They both take credit cards so you know you are not dealing with a guy working out of his house or garage
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 12:52:55 pm by mrsoda » Logged
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 10:01:07 am »

Becasue it is a theatre, I would do it right.  Here are some pics of my theatre.  PM me if you would like some information.  Sand blast and body shop.  No spray paint.  I spent more money on this machine then any other in my collection.

I have lots more pics if you are interested.

BrianC

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 10:16:41 am »

In the beginning I painted a machine in spray paint and it looked like crap and I still had over $125 USD in spray paint after primer and paint. I then went to a local paint shop (similar to Maaco) but local and asked them to do the paint. I did all of my own body work and had the machine 100% ready for paint. I even went over it with paint prep and a tack rag after taking it out of the truck. Believe it or not they did a hell of a job. You can still sand and buff as well if there is too much orange peal. On my first machine like this I rubbed out the two sides and to and everything else was fine. I think they charged $200 for the paint job since all they had to do was spray the paint and I furnished the paint. I used Sherwin Williams Auto paint. This worked out great and it looked like glass and was straight as a string. There is no compairing a spray bomb job to a professional job
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 10:35:37 am »

Also, I think Curtis at Memory Lane is one of the top  restorers of Stoner Candy machines.  He has done more of them then anyone else.  Over the last 7 years, he has helped me tremondously.  You may want to contact him through the post.

Just my 2 cents.

BrianC

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 11:37:38 am »

If you want to save money it is a very easy machine to do your self as , the mech comes out with just 4 screws, then all you have is a big open case, that you can take to a body shop. if the insides are in good shape, you can just clean them up , or have them painted as well, only a little chrome on this machine, if you dont want to do your self there are  a few good guys out there  who will do for you, but will cost you anywhere from a cheep job at 2500, to a very nice job at 4000.00 , It is a very nice machine when done, so dont cheep out and try with spray paint
Basementgeek
10 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 07:03:32 pm »

Round key locks are hard to find, I have a few/with keys, that should fit just fine. Need one?  Write me, at

gclarkcmhATjuno.com

BG
barryra
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 08:09:23 pm »

Bcharl.. very nice restore on your machine! Thanks for posting the pictures. A friend of mine dropped off some of those round style keys... I will see if any of them fit; if not I may have to order the key & lock form basementgeek who also posted.

Also.. Mrsoda.. thanks for your tips on restorring my Stoner. I think I will do it that way & have a body shop paint it. It also inspired me to re-do a old cigarette machine I have had for awhile. I will post pics of it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: