SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 01:30:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81 for $75!!!!!  (Read 16133 times)
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2007, 07:17:34 pm »

$600.00 is a deal, I would have said sold!!!

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2007, 09:08:23 pm »

I hate to say it, but  lay low for a week or two. If you keep calling now, he'll think he has his retirement sitting in his garage. $600 is still a good price, but you don't want him Googling Vendo's and seeing the prices for completed tore down and restored units.

Just my .02

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2007, 10:23:06 pm »

Thanks for all the advice as I knew I still wanted the machine for $600. I offered him $500 this afternoon and he said to call back tonite...
So it's tonite and I called the guy around 8pm and asked what time can I come by and look at it... it's 2 hours away so wanted to make sure I would be  taking it home before driving...
He says he finally got my email with the photo of the V56st that I offered as part of the deal and he didn't like it . (who can blame him).
He says he talked with the girlfriend and she likes it and doesn't want to sell it...I said I'd give him the $600 cash for it first thing in the morning (ready to jump in my car at 4am) he says no he wants to keep it as it's growing on him.. and a friend of his old him "These old Nesbitts machines are very rare"!! jawdrop so he wants to keep it and use it... This guy doesn't even know what he's got yet.. it's got a metal Nesbitts sign tacked to the front over the embossed Coke Logo!!!  I of course kept this to myself and said please write down my number and put it in the machine and when the time comes that you want to sell it or it breaks down, CALL ME!!! and my offer of $600 stands! he said OK and we left it at that!  I wanted to reach out through the phone and choke the guy... but I held back.. figuring OK... Maybe down the road he'll realize he'd like to get $600 fast ,,, like when he has to buy a ring for the girlfriend of his!!
So we have to chalk this up to "Gave it my best"!!! veryangry darn
Wish I had better news.. but I am working on another deal as we speak for another machine that will take away some of the pain and will post about it when i get more details tomorrow!!! Stay Tuned!!!
 biggrin

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2007, 01:05:59 am »

Well you gave it your best try, that's all you can do. Sad thing is from the sounds of this guy nothing will ever get done. Hope he has it inside at least. I would call back towards the end of next month when rent and bills are due and see what he says then.
Best of luck!!
Creighton
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: