SMC Discussion Areas
May 16, 2024, 11:52:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Westinghouse BV-56 newbie here.  (Read 2807 times)
Jinx
« on: May 25, 2011, 05:47:21 pm »

Hello all from S.E. Georgia! I'm a career soldier and teach welding and machine shop to National Guard soldiers.Been lurking for a week or so and now I'm gonn'a pester ya'll! help
 Picked up a BV-56 that was living as a fridge in someones shop and I'm on my way to at least getting back up and running. It's been gutted,coin mech gone,all the vend assm gone,and the coin return cup/bezzle and vend lever area bondo'd over. SIGH.  But no rust out.
 Hard to find info on this model of machine but I'm determined to at least make a kick butt Coke "fridge" outt'a it for my man cave/garage. biggrin
 Ok, I'm installing a 3n1 on the compressor but need a thermostat now.
 Would like to replace the missing change return and put a lever on it. All non functioning,just cosmetic but I have no idea where to get the parts. All the parts sites have almost nothing for the BV-56. It can't be that ugly that they refuse to make parts for it! tounge
 Any ideas on what would swap/fit.
 Hope to get some pics soon.
 Thanks!
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 06:35:02 pm »

Welcome Jinx,
Yes - the BV-56 is a "hard to find parts for" machine.
The 56 (I think) uses the more common crank handle and not the elongated Westinghouse handle. You can get a repro crank handle from the sponsors or someone here may have an extra. I can't picture the CR cup in my head, but it probably is not too difficult to locate either

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 08:05:26 pm »

Yes the crank handle is the exact same as the Vendo 39, vendo 81, 110, 56 jacobs 56 and several others. Go to Funtronics and look in that section for the handle. Can you post a pic of the machine and possibly the coin return hole?
Jinx
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 09:45:14 pm »

Yea!!! I just rigged up the 3n1 and she hummed away, running nice. Think it's low on refridgerant. Got cool but not cold. It has a port already on the line so I figured it would prob need a charge. Just test ran it, still need a thermostat. Prob get a contact style.
 Thanks for the info on the crank handle!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: