SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 06:07:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: v56 square top question  (Read 3071 times)
unsounddrummer
« on: September 30, 2010, 03:11:17 pm »

I just picked up a vendorlator v56 square top.  Quick question... When the machine is full of bottles/cans... What should I expect as far as compressor run time?  My compressor cycles on and off and the machine gets real cold... but not too cold that stuff freezes.   It just seems that the compressor is on more than off.  What should I expect if the machine is in normal inside temperatures?    assuming there are no leaks/ fan issues etc...   In other words.. how long should the compressor stay on versus off on a machine that is running in tip top shape?
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 05:18:47 pm »

Mine runs for 10 minutes a couple of times a hour.
Creighton
zadd
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 05:39:10 pm »

Depends on your t-stat cycle time as well . cut in and cut out temp . Mine turns on at 40 and shuts down around 20 . I bought some cheap t-stats on ebay and they only had a 10 degree drop . which made my machine cycle every 30 min .( not good) . 

Zadd
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Bottle Machine
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Can Machine
7up Ideal 55 slider
Vendo 81D
VMC 33D
Nehi Pelco Koolie
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 08:06:33 am »

Also depending on the condition of your machine, if the insulation on the inside is original, chances are it's not as functional anymore,, so it's not holding the cold as well as it should , this will cause it to run more often as well. but a properly insulated and sealed machine with the correct T stat settings should cylcle a couple times an hour at a 35--40 degree setting . That is what I shoot for with my restored machines.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: