SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 10:28:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Help Coke 81  (Read 3222 times)
smith
10 Cent Member

« on: April 10, 2010, 01:38:37 pm »

Tearing down my first project, Coke 81, so far, it has been easy. I do have a question on the clips on the machine that holds the heavy cardboard liner, against the machine, do you bend the clips back, or is there other trick. I assume the clips go in to the tub. Just don't want to brake them. One more question, the compessor, motor, fan, seem to be in real good shape, cools to 20. Should I send it out, to have it gone through, or just leave it alone? My object is to restore this machine, to show room condition, but if I don't need to spend the money, thats ok too. Thanks for the help. Mike
msanborn
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 02:35:50 pm »

I am by no means an expert, but I tore mine out.  funtronics sells them for .35 a piece.  good luck. 

Vendo 81
Vendo 39
Pepsi VMC 81
Ideal Slider
Glasco Slider
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 02:51:12 pm »

With a flat screwdriver keep the clips in place and move the breaker strip to the side enough to clear, there is a sping behind it for this purpose.

As for the compressor, NO don't send it out. If it ain't broke.....don't fix it!
Build a simple platform to keep the evaporator above the compressor assembly to prevent bending the lines. Then remove all hold down bolts and slide the compressor plate from under the compressor, condenser and fan motor for painting.

Glen
smith
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 03:40:52 pm »

Hey guys thanks for the help. Lot more questions to follow. Looks like I will have it disassembly about two more hrs. I will have 6 six hrs. into it. It has been fun so more. Thanks Mike
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 06:14:13 am »

Mike,
I'm just over the hill from you if you need some help. Terry

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: