SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 08:33:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vmc 81  (Read 2643 times)
« on: June 29, 2003, 08:55:58 pm »

I have been reading the posts on the VMC 81 machine.  My dad has one he wants to sell, it is an embossed 7up, but it doesn't look like the one in your picture section.  Ours is white and has square corners.  It also is missing the interior racks, but chills well.  Is there anyone out there who can give us an idea of what would be a fair price?  Thanks for any and all help!  Hope
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2003, 10:59:25 pm »

The machine pictured is a 60's model vendo 56. The numbers at the end like 81 and 56 represent how many bottles the machine will hold.  The square corner 60's aren't valued as much as the rounded corner 50's but very few of the 60's models were embossed thus making yours valued more than the normal 60's machine.  These are often refferred to in the trade as a transitional machine.  The embossed 50's VMC81's are valued at $7,000 restored.  The normal 60's machine is valued at approximately $750-$1,000 restored.  Yours is sought after by some that don't want to spend, what some view as outrageous money for the 50's VMC81.  Unrestored yours will go for about $750-$1,000. Restored it would double the price.  Hope this helps.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2003, 12:35:07 am »

My apologies. After looking at the picture again I realized I could be wrong and looked into it more.  The Vendo 56 I mentioned had the embossing below the coin door and was made by Vendo not Vendorlater.  Vendo however did later buy out Vendorlater.  Yours is a Vendorlater 81 or VMC81 short for Vendorlater Machine Corp.  It is a bit taller and thus has more bottle racks and holds more bottles.  There should be an Id tag on it somewhere and the number 81 should appear on it with a series of letters.  The 60's Vendo 56 and 60's VMC 81 command about the same prices.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: